Yo is a tall, muscular young man with shaggy, unruly hair which is such a dark brown that it's almost black, sticking up in all directions around his head, similar to Izuku Midoriya's hairstyle. His eyes are a loose diamond shape, warm brown in color, his bangs hanging low above them, and he usually has a smile on, whether it be nice or sinister.
His hero costume consists of a gold jaw-guard that covers his cheeks, a thick green strap over each of his shoulders, attached at the front to two black plates with golden trimmings which cover the sides of his chest, black elbow pads, and green wrist-guards. He also wears baggy pants with some small green markings and plain black boots with heeled soles.
Yo appears to be a polite and friendly individual at first glance. He gives others the benefit of the doubt and believes they have strong hearts.
However, this is a facade he puts on so that others will let their guard down. Yo is actually a very sneaky and calculating person whose personality can change on a whim, sometimes even in an instant, which happens when he's angry.
Yo prefers to be called tactful. He is a natural leader and is a talented strategist who can remain calm and rational in chaotic situations, and although he is very competitive, he appears to respect the effort put in by his competitors. Even so, he's not afraid to exploit their weaknesses for his own gain.
Overall Abilities: Yo has demonstrated impressive formidability, comradeship, and Quirk handling, making him one of Ketsubutsu Academy's most capable students. Yo primarily uses his Quirk, Vibrate, to generate earthquakes that disrupt enemy formations, as the tremors weaken their foothold, weakening them in the process. This facet of his abilities render Yo extremely effective in situations where him and his allies are outnumbered. Aside from his Quirk proficiency and camaraderie, Yo possesses ever-present fortitude that enables him to face opponents who's facilities vastly surpass his own.
During the first phase of the Provisional Hero License Exam, Yo showcased his battle capacity by singlehandedly using quake inducement to divide the Class 1-A students of U.A. High School. When the exam reached its second phase, Yo effortlessly subdued a multitude of Gang Orca's Sidekicks, and prepared to take on Gang Orca himself, but the No. 12 (formerly No. 10) Pro Hero incapacitated Yo before the latter could react. Entering his final year at Ketsubutsu Academy, Yo's first major villain encounter involved the jailbroken Muscular, who easily dominated the seismokinetic in a one-on-one battle, though Yo's full power pressured Muscular into reinforcing his muscle armor. Yo was miraculously saved from the prison escapee by the newly-arrived Izuku Midoriya, and it was soon revealed that the palpitation to which Yo exposed Muscular caused the villain's muscle tendons to unravel, weakening Muscular enough to be defeated by Izuku.
Keen Intellect: One of Yo's most prominent traits is his strategic mind that played a vital role for him and his classmates during the Provisional License Exam. When Yo first encountered students from rival schools, he put on a facade that made him seem welcoming and enthusiastic about working alongside fellow heroes-in-training, especially those from the prestigious U.A. High School. This farce was meant to make the rival students let their guard down so the Ketsubutsu Academy students can get take them by surprise. In the first part of the Provisional License Exam, Yo used his Quirk to separate the students of Class 1-A from each other, knowing that it would be the best method to try and defeat them, coupled with the fact that U.A.'s notoriety causes the said students to become primary targets of the Licensing Exam. In the climax of the Licensing Exam, Yo planned to utilize the vibration resistance granted by his Quirk to subdue Gang Orca, but the latter took Yo by surprise and rendered him temporarily immobilized.
- Leadership Skills: Yo is a leader who can read chaotic situations and lead others through them. He was a standout student during all phases of the Provisional Hero Licensing Exam, and was key in holding off Gang Orca during the exam's climax.
This power has allowed Yo to develop a natural resistance against vibrations due to the after-effects of his Quirk subjecting his brain to constant trembling. This gives him a small advantage against other Quirks that rely on vibrating waves, such as Orcinus.
- Tremoring Earth (
震 伝 動 地Shin Dendō Chi?): Using maximum power, Yo places his hands on the ground and shakes the ground, which unleashes a powerful earthquake that completely shatters the ground.
Battles & Events
|Battles & Events|
- His surname contains the characters for "truth" (真?) and "temple" (堂?), and is homophonous with "vibration" (振動?). His given name means "shake" (揺?). It can also mean "sunny", and "positive"; referring to his initially friendly disposition he portrayed himself out to be.
- The first two characters of Yo's Hero name, "Grand" (グランド Gurando?), are based on the Japanese onomatopeia for violent shaking, "guragura" (グラグラ?).
- Yo shares his birthday with Neito Monoma.
- Yo likes internet trolling.
- Yo's rankings in the Popularity Polls are as follows:
- Ranked 20th in the Second Popularity Poll.
- Ranked 14th in the Fourth Popularity Poll.
- Ranked 15th in the Fifth Popularity Poll.
- Ranked 9th in the Sixth Popularity Poll.
- Yo is in a relationship with his fellow classmate Tatami Nakagame.
- (To his classmates) "Anyway, all the panicking, all the planning in the eleventh hour... it just goes to show how persistent we all are. Everyone here today... is struggling to realize their dreams and goals. I'm not gonna judge them... for struggling so hard."
|Ketsubutsu Academy High School|
|Third Year Students||Yo Shindo • Tatami Nakagame • Shikkui Makabe • Itejiro Toteki|