Cover and Volume Illustration
The title logo is yellow, clear, and white with a red outline. The author's name is written in white and printed in the bottom portion of the cover in a black bar. The background color is pitch black.
In the center of the cover is Izuku in street clothing donning his new Support Gloves. He is surrounded by wind and electricity generated by One for All, and is preparing to execute an attack. Partially obscured by his right hand is Nejire in the dress she wears to the U.A. beauty pageant. To the left of him scrolling downwards is U.A.'s main campus, Eri, Mirio,and Kyoka playing the bass. At the very bottom are Mashirao, Tsuyu, and Ochaco wearing Class 1-A's costumes they made for their performance at the U.A. School Festival. To the right of Izuku, is Gentle and La Brava, using Lover Mode. Underneath them are Hound Dog and Ectoplasm, along with a few of the latter's clones.
The volume illustration features Jiro grasping her earphone jacks while chewing at the tip of the right one.
|“||Volume 20! Thanks for picking it up! my little sister's friend's son is a fan of Jiro, and I hear he was influenced enough to start talking guitar lessons! Jiro is one rocking girl who can play both guitar and bass! Rock, on Kyoka Jiro!!||”|
With All Might in retirement, Endeavor takes up the mantle of the number one hero, a position he’s coveted for years. But now that he has it, he’s not entirely comfortable with the responsibilities and risks that come with it—both heroes and villains are always gunning for number one. What does the future hold for Izuku, and what do his dreams about One For All mean?
- 178: The Woman Called La Brava (ラブラバという
女Raburaba toiu On'na?)
- 179: School Festival Start!! (
開 催 文 化 祭!! Kaisai Bunkasai!!?)
- 180: Unbeknownst (
人 知れず Hitoshirezu?)
- 181: For Someone Else (
- 182: Let it Flow! School Festival (
垂れ 流せ! 文 化 祭Tare Nagase! Bunkasai?)
- 183: Festival All Day Long!! (
終 日!! 文 化 祭!! Shūjitsu!! Bunkasai!!?)
- 184: Japanese Hero Billboard Chart (ヒーロービルボードチャート
JPHīrō Birubōdo Chāto Jeipī?)
- 185: Wing Hero: Hawks (ウィングヒーロー ホークス Wingu Hīrō Hōkusu?)
- 186: Endeavor & Hawks (エンデヴァー
&ホークス Endevā Ando Hōkusu?)
- 187: Flaming Roar! vs. Nomu: High-End (
燃えよ 轟け！ VS 脳 無：ハイエンド Moeyo Todoroke! Bāsasu Nōmu: Hai-Endo?)
- 188: Your Father, the Number One Hero (
父は No. 1ヒーロー Chichi wa Nanbā Wan Hīrō?)
|Magazine Version||Volume Version||Explanation|
The sketched out panels of Chapter 182 were fixed and completed in Volume 20.
Jiro's close-up in Chapter 182 gets a two-page spread, and the panels go to a new extra page.
Next Volume Quote
- The cover of Volume 20 appears to be a reference to the poster for Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope, due to it containing very similar framing of its characters.
- The cover is also a similar homage to the cover of Naruto Volume 37: Shikamaru's Battle!! with Izuku standing in the position holding his hands in the air with a tiger-like hand seal similar to Naruto's.
|Main Series||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12 • 13 • 14 • 15 • 16 • 17 • 18 • 19 • 20 • 21 • 22 • 23 • 24 • 25 • 26 • 27 • 28 • 29 • 30 • 31 • 32|
|Vigilantes||1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10 • 11 • 12|
|Special||Omakes • Volume Origin • Volume Rising • Volume World Heroes|
|Databooks||Ultra Archive • Ultra Analysis|
|Authors||Kohei Horikoshi • Hideyuki Furuhashi • Betten Court • Author's Notes|
|Related Articles||Chapters and Volumes (Vigilantes) • Volume Extras|