"Toga, I know we're just a gang of strays who happened to find each other... but you're not the only one feeling messed up over Twice. The League was the only place he felt he could belong, and the boss probably wants us to stick together. I know that doing as we please is the villain way... but you'd better come back to us."Shuichi Iguchi to Himiko Toga in "Save Takeo!!"
Shuichi Iguchi (
Shuichi is a young man with a reptile-like appearance, with bright green scales for skin and a face shaped like that of a lizard. His hair is relatively long and swept backward and is a desaturated pink-purple, standing out from the rest of his colors.
In reflection of his great admiration towards Stain, Spinner wears clothes similar to his: a sleeveless shirt and dark, baggy pants, along with black shoes and pale, metallic knee guards. He wears a mask made of a long, tattered strip of cloth, the same as the one worn by Stain, a red scarf and bandages wrapped around both his arms, partially covered by black wristbands and plain black boots. He also carries an enormous sword on his back (made out of many smaller blades bound together) and wears goggles on his forehead.
Outside his villain costume he wears a light blue hoodie and a black leather jacket with it.
Shuichi is a sinister man who takes pleasure in hurting people, which he clearly demonstrates when he's seen purposely treading on Pixie-Bob's face, grinning as she lies on the ground beneath his foot, unconscious and bleeding as a result of his and Magne's earlier attack due to the fact that he believes heroes are corrupt.
Much like Dabi, Spinner also admires Stain greatly, but in a different way, in that whereas Dabi loosely follows Stains ideals, Spinner is completely obsessed with the ways of Stain to the point where he copies his clothing and weaponry style, aiming to follow the same ideals as him and make his dreams come true. As a result of this, he is much more morally inclined than the rest of the League of Villains, shown when he attacked Magne to protect Izuku Midoriya (whom Stain had labeled as someone worthy of being called a hero) despite his villainy and questioned whether or not the League's actions truly follow his idol's ideals. He can be distracted when a girl compliments him.
It also seems that despite being a villain, he has a sense of morality and would not hurt innocent people as he seemed terrified when Tomura Shigaraki stated that he plans to destroy the entire world rather than reshape it to be better but he does not attempt to defy Tomura as it would be futile due to his power. Spinner sees the league as a surrogate family as he seemed quite worried when Himiko Toga left to confront Uravity out of fear in case she got arrested. He is also very loyal to Tomura but that does not stop him from calling the latter out on his failures.
Overall Abilities: Spinner has shown to be a rather capable villain when it comes to close-quarters combat, primarily using his weapon arsenal to against his opponents. During the Vanguard Action Squad Invasion, he was able to fight on equal ground with Mandalay for several minutes, rarely taking hits, and nearly landing a direct attack on the Pro Hero, had it not been for the timely arrival of Izuku, who destroyed Spinner's giant sword. Spinner halted his bout with Mandalay because he deliberately prevented Magne from chasing Izuku (knowing Stain acknowledged Izuku as a true hero), resulting in the villain pair arguing over the matter. This infighting gave Mandalay the opening to knock Spinner to the ground with a single kick, defeating the scaled villain.
Once the Revival Celebration was underway, Spinner was able to fend off a handful of Meta Liberation Army members in order to clear a path for Tomura Shigaraki to venture to the tower housing Re-Destro. Spinner still stood his ground as Trumpet, one of the M.L.A's leaders, arrived on the battlefield to use his subordinate-enhancing Quirk, Incite, to strengthen the Liberation Army soldiers that were present. The lizard man was eventually pressured by some of the augmented adversaries, but eventually had to flee due to Tomura's Awakening destroying Deika City. After the Revival Celebration, Spinner became a lieutenant of the now unified Paranormal Liberation Front.
- Enhanced Strength: Spinner has an above-average amount of physical strength. He is capable of lifting and swinging his makeshift sword, which is the same size as him, and comprised of a large array of bladed weapons, with ease.
Tactical Intellect: Spinner showcases a degree of observative and tactical skill. During the Revival Celebration, Spinner took notice of Tomura's Decay Quirk being improved to where it can cause a chain reaction of disintegration, spreading beyond what Tomura initially touched. Later on, he pointed out that if the League of Villains hadn't entered Deika City, then a large number of Pro Heroes would have been called to apprehend them. When faced with Trumpet and his army of followers, Spinner was taking a haphazard gambit in clearing a path for Tomura, as he realized that the present M.L.A members will go into a frenzy if their leader, Trumpet, is defeated. He then stated that it is ludicrous for support-type individuals such as Trumpet to be on the front lines of battle. Towards the climax of the Paranormal Liberation War, Spinner, who was restrained by Best Jeanist, recalled how Gigantomachia was panting upon arriving at Tomura's location, and finally realized that Gigantomachia can't use his full might in battle due to always awaiting instructions from his master. This realization compelled Spinner to desperately wake an unconscious Tomura so the latter can relay orders to Gigantomachia, which proved successful.
Skilled Driver: Spinner taught himself how to drive by playing video games. Despite Dabi complaining about his skills, he was able to pull off a difficult maneuver without losing control.
|Number of Weapons Possessed||5/6 A|
Makeshift Sword: Spinner originally wielded a bizarre-looking sword, which is made of several knives, daggers, kukris, hatchets, and many other blades. They appear to be held together by chains and belts. The sword is about the same size as Spinner himself, yet he seems to very proficient at using it with great speed. Spinner commonly carries it around on his back, wrapped in cloth as to not injure himself. This sword, however, was completely destroyed by Izuku before it could do any major damage.
Unnamed Sword: Following the destruction of his former sword, Spinner replaced it with an unnamed blade that resembles a katana.
Battles & Events
|Battles & Events|
- Shuichi's given name contains kanji for "excellent, outstanding" (秀 shu?) and "one" (一 ichi?). His surname contains kanji for that one" (伊 i?) and "mouth, opening" (口 guchi?)
- Shuichi's family name comes from the Japanese for "iguana."
- His hair, goggles and scarf may be in reference to the characters Sabata and Django from the Boktai series by Konami.
- His design may be in reference to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, in which the main four characters are reptilian anthropomorphic ninja with a similar design to Shuichi.
- Shuichi likes video games.
- Shuichi is currently the only lieutenant of the Paranormal Liberation Front to have a mutant Quirk, as well as the only one who is a C-rank villain.
- Shuichi shares his birthday with Enji Todoroki and Taishiro Toyomitsu.
- Shuichi learned how to drive by playing Grand Theft Auto.
- Shuichi's English voice actor, Larry Brantley, also voices Crust.
- According to Kohei Horikoshi, when Spinner first appeared, he gave the villain the makeshift sword as a weapon to create a "big body figure", but since one of his assistants complained that it's too time-consuming to draw the weapon, he just decided to let Izuku break it apart.
- (To Magne) "Holding power over someone's life is everything! Or don't you believe in following Stain's tenets?!"
- (To Mandalay) "Dammit...!! Stain will be revived...! Got that?! His will lives on here! Thanks to me!! I'm gonna purge you corrupt heroes and that four-eyes kid."
- (To Trumpet) "I've got nothing to love, like Toga does. Nothing I really wanna do. But back then, I just know… Something lit a fire in my heart. All I could think was how I wanted a glimpse of the future he was imagining! Sure… I'm just a nobody who jumped on a bandwagon but what's wrong with that!? Nothing, right!? And you people ain't much better!!! Ain't that right, politician?"
- (To Himiko Toga) "Toga, I know we're just a gang of strays who happened to find each other... but you're not the only one feeling messed up over Twice. The League was the only place he felt he could belong, and the boss probably wants us to stick together. I know that doing as we please is the villain way... but you'd better come back to us."
|League of Villains|
|Current Leader||Tomura Shigaraki|
|Recruits||Dabi • Himiko Toga • Magne • Moonfish • Mr. Compress • Muscular • Mustard • Spinner • Twice|
|Underlings||Chomper • Four-Armed Zealot • Gravitational Spring • Hanzo Suiden • Hard Head • Invisible Wall • Martial Hair • Minotaurus • Muscle Man • Needle Hair • Oxy-Man • Sharkyonara • Sickle Claw • Steel Bulwark • Stitched Giant • Tesla • Thousand Eyes • Victor|
|Standard Nomu||U.S.J Nomu • Hosu Nomus • Chainsaw Nomu • Johnny|
|High-End Nomu||Chubs • Eleph • Hood • Ribby • Robot • Woman • Six Unnamed|
|Associates||Giran • Nine|
|Original Members||All For One • Kyudai Garaki • Gigantomachia • Nomu • Kurogiri|
|Locations||Haibori Woods • Jaku General Hospital • League of Villains Bar • Nomu Factory|
|Paranormal Liberation Front|
|Grand Commander||Tomura Shigaraki|
|Lieutenants||Dabi • Geten • Himiko Toga • Mr. Compress • Re-Destro • Skeptic • Spinner • Trumpet • Twice|
|Other Members||Kyudai Garaki|
|Nomu||Lower Tier (Mocha • Johnny) • Near High-Ends • High Ends (Chubs • Eleph • Ribby • Robot • Woman • Six Unnamed)|
|Associates||All For One • Cider House • Dictator • Ending • Giran • Hawks • Overhaul • Lady Nagant • Moonfish • Muscular • Starservant|
|Locations||Gunga Mountain Villa • Jaku General Hospital|