We will tear down the existing framework and rebuild this world... as a place where people are free to be themselves and use their abilities as they see fit!Rikiya Yotsubashi to the League of Villains in "Cockroaches"
Rikiya Yotsubashi (
Rikiya later merged his organization with the League of Villains to form a union known as the Paranormal Liberation Front. He stepped down as leader to give the position of Grand Commander to Tomura Shigaraki and became one of the group's nine lieutenants.
Rikiya is a tall, odd-looking, middle-aged man with a prominently long, pointed nose and obtruding chin, as well as small, dark eyes. He has short, orange-brownish hair, set noticeably far up his forehead, a widow’s peak pointing downwards in the center, and he wears it swept back around his head. He doesn’t have any visible eyebrows, and also possesses two dark moles on the left of his forehead. This stems from a result of his quirk that causes his hair to recede. Sometimes, when he feels upset, a dark fire-like stain spreads around his eyes, becoming a large facial stain that resembles a domino mask.
In his childhood, he wore a suit similar to the one he will have as an adult. As a young adult, he had a similar appearance but wore his hair differently, leaving it down with one lock over his face. During that time, he possessed thin eyebrows.
He is always seen in a suit that consists of a green dress shirt, a green tie, and a black, pinstriped blazer with matching dress pants. He has also been seen wearing a black hat, and black coat on his shoulders, while on his way to a meeting with the rest of the Liberation Army leadership.
Following his defeat at the hands of Tomura, he lost both of his legs after being forced to sacrifice them from Tomura's Decay. Without his legs, he took to using a mechanical chair to get around.
He later fits himself with mechanical legs.
At first, Rikiya seems like a completely normal and balanced person. He generally acts as an easygoing individual who has no problem with people making fun of him, even his employees, and genuinely believes in making a better world for people with difficult Quirks.
However, this public persona is merely a façade, for he is a devout follower of his ancestor's ideals and believes that Quirks should be celebrated rather than suppressed and controlled. Rikiya does not hesitate to kill and torture people to achieve his goals, and he does not tolerate the insult or lack of respect for either Destro or the Meta Liberation Army. When his secretary Miyashita defined Destro's book as pretentious and the Liberation Army as terrorists, he snaps his neck and kills him on the spot. However, he does seem to show some remorse by shedding genuine sad tears about the act. He also values his colleagues and was saddened by Curious' death at the hands of Himiko Toga, even crying about it.
Due to his dissatisfaction with the current hero society, he's prone to pointing out its flaws and shortcomings, normally using villains as examples. He believes that, despite the various Quirks that exist, people still need to fit into a very specific mold to be accepted by society, and are otherwise callously cast out. He holds the belief that villainy is an escape many, such as outcasts turn to because they have little other options. He uses this to further endorse his agenda, claiming that in a society with completely liberated Quirks, no one would have to feel alone or estranged.
He is quite condescending, as he initially views Tomura as nothing more than a hoodlum and his ragtag organization as a group seeking nothing more to destroy with no real ambition. He also mocked Tomura on not having a proper education when speaking to him about his own goals.
Despite his arrogant view, he does recognize the threats of his foes, as he was quick to throw Tomura away after seeing his Quirk improved or seeing him survived a stress attack. After being defeated, Rikiya shows himself to be able to admit his loss. He also prevents his subordinates from retaliation, since it will prove to be pointless. He voices admiration to his foe and gives control of his army to him. Rikiya later shows the ability to admit his mistakes, as he voices this to his subordinates when abdicating his role as supreme leader. To his new superior, he shows a submissive side and seeks to please him in any way.
He seems to be a rather emotionally unstable person and prone to drastic mood swings, best evidenced when his calm, cheerful demeanor shattered and filled with enormous stress in a matter of seconds when alerted of a hero army raiding his hideout.
Overall Abilities: Being the leader of the Meta Liberation Army, Rikiya is a highly respected and powerful individual, with a very proficient handle on his Meta Ability. When facing the formidable villain Twice backed by clones of the League of Villains whom the latter created using his Quirk, Double, Rikiya stood in place and nonchalantly defeated Twice's dupes while at the same time, dispatching all the clones he created. In his Stress form, Rikiya was easily able to overpower Tomura, the headmen of the League, as well as destroy most of the latter's left hand. Even when Tomura was undergoing an awakening and an increase in physical aptitude, Rikiya was still able to best Tomura; by taking his Meta ability to a higher output, Rikiya sent Tomura flying across Deika City.
Since losing his legs to Tomura, Rikiya has been forced to wear prosthetics. These legs struggle to hold the full weight of his Stress Quirk, as shown during his clash with Tsukuyomi when the latter managed to overpower Rikiya after his legs snapped. This happened later, during his fight against Edgeshot.
- Enhanced Durability: Re-Destro possesses great endurance as he was able to survive the fall caused by Tomura destroying his tower and emerged from it unharmed. This feat made Tomura realize he was the leader from his survival and causal ignorance of the act. Even his clone could withstand many heroes' attacks, despite being less durable than the original.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Even without his quirk active, Re-Destro is fast, agile and reactionary enough to dodge multiple assaults from many of the remaining clones with catlike finesse.
Corporate CEO: Rikiya is the Chief Executive Officer of the Detnerat Company, an industry that specializes in making clothing and other items for people with "abnormal" bodies.
Tactical Intellect: Rikiya set up a situation that forced the League of Villains into a war with the Meta Liberation Army. He was able to consider multiple details and made the correct assumption that the League of Villains didn't have any Nomu on hand. After destroying much of Tomura's left hand and experiencing Decay still active without all 5 of Tomura's fingers making contact, Rikiya correctly deduced that Tomura was undergoing an awakening, allowing his Quirk to evolve under specific circumstances. Rikiya even took noticed of Tomura's increased speed and noted that if Tomura's had his newly increased physical parameters during the Kamino Incident, Tomura would’ve easily killed at least one or two of the Pro Heroes during that event, even without his Decay Quirk.
- Leadership Skill: Rikiya was formerly the Grand Commander of the new Meta Liberation Army. A military force that consists of over 100,000 members.
Stress (ストレス Sutoresu?): Rikiya's Meta Ability allows him to store up any fear, anger and/or frustration he feels and convert it into raw power. When Re-Destro accesses this meta ability, his size and strength increase significantly.
Due to him having to contain his stress in order to fully use his Meta Ability in combat, it has the side effect of him developing early male pattern baldness.
- Enhanced Strength: Thanks to the use of his Meta Ability, Rikiya gains a massive increase in physical strength. A lone finger was enough to destroy a Double of Twice and his hulking arm annihilated several League of Villains clones with a simple swing of his arm, the force of which generating a shockwave as a result. Rikiya was even able to effortlessly destroy the majority of Tomura's left hand with two of his enlarged fingers.
- Enhanced Speed: By activating his Quirk only on a single finger, Rikiya was able to attack fast enough to completely destroy a clone of Twice before he could react. When he used his Quirk on his entire arm he was able to unleash an attack fast enough to destroy multiple clones of Twice and other members of the League of Villains, with the exception of Tomura Shigaraki.
- 80% Liberation (解放 80
%Kaihō 80-Pāsento?): Re-Destro increases his body's bulk considerably and coats himself in darkness by releasing 80% of his stockpiled stress.
- Stress: 100% (ストレス 100
%Sutoresu Hyaku Pāsento?): Re-Destro increases the power of his Meta Ability to its limit, further increasing his mass and strength. He is also able to discharge large waves of raw, black energy from both hands at once.
|Power to Control Others||5/6 A|
Battles & Events
|Battles & Events|
- Rikiya's surname is composed of the kanji for "four" (四ツ yotsu?) and "bridge" (橋 bashi?), and his first name contains "power" (力 riki?) and "to be" (也 ya?).
- He shares his first name, Rikiya, with Eight Bullets member, Rikiya Katsukame.
- His design and mannerisms seem to be based on the Batman villain The Joker, particularly his portrayal in The Killing Joke. His beak-like nose is a reference to another Batman villain The Penguin, who was mocked for his nose as a boy. His tech mogul persona and red hair are similar to that of Spider-Man villain Norman Osborn/Green Goblin/Iron Patriot/Red Goblin/Carnage. His powers, generated by stress and anger, are similar to those of the Marvel hero Hulk.
- According to Horikoshi, Rikiya and his "crazy expressions" are very fun to draw.
- Similar to his team name and teammates, several of his character designs/traits seem to be based on characters from the Marvel Comics.
- His male pattern baldness and his later being crippled and being confined into a futuristic wheelchair and his belief in fighting for the liberation and free use of ones Quirk's without societal condemnations is all ironically similar to the traits and ideals of Professor X of the X-Men.
- These character traits, designs. and ideological beliefs also make him similar to the DC Comics, Chief (Dr. Niles Caulder) of the Doom Patrol.
- Rikiya is the only higher-up in the Meta Liberation Army to have a transformation Quirk.
- Rikiya is one of the few people who are revealed to be descendants of one of the the three most infamous villains: All For One, Destro, and Oji Harima. In Rikiya's case, he is the descendant of Destro.
- "Isn’t it odd how society conforms to the old ways of thinking...while eliminating anyone who doesn’t fit the mold? Especially since we as a species have moved beyond the very notion of normal!" 
- (To Skeptic, with a mutilated Giran watching in disbelief) "Not just Curious...each and every warrior dives into battle with hopes for the future. Life...is so very precious." 
- (To the Meta Liberation Army) "My comrades of the Liberation Army! It is I, Re-Destro! Today, the Liberation Army will be reborn!!!… When it came to enlightening the world with the ideals of Destro, I had believed that the League’s existence was naught but an obstacle! Until that day, I had regarded this as the absolute truth! Oh, how blind I must have been! I was swept away by my blood; bound by my teachings. But on that day, I witnessed true liberation! Hear me! This is not surrender!!! The man you see before you, Shigaraki Tomura, is one who is truly liberated! He is the one who is worthy of the utmost reverence! He is the one who is worthy of the throne! Starting now, the Liberation Army… shall carry out the resurrection, with Shigaraki Tomura as it’s supreme leader! Together, we shall walk the true path of liberation! The Liberation Army and the League of Villains… shall henceforth be united under a new name!!! This name was devised by myself, Re-Destro, and Spinner, of the League! And now do the honours… Shigaraki Tomura!"
- (To the Pro Heroes storming the Villa) "Gigantomachia's activation... Means that Tomura Shigaraki has awoken in an imperfect state!! What did you pesky heroes do to our savior and liberator?! After Gigantomachia, liberation warriors! Our revolution is at hand!!"
- (To the Hero Public Safety Commission) "But we seek order without order. True freedom through liberation. The seeds... Are already sown..."
|Independent||Stain • Giant Villain • Toxic Chainsaw • Habit Headgear • Sludge Villain • Gentle Criminal • La Brava • Oji Harima • Teruo Hazukashi • Innsmouth Crew (Innsmouth • Innsmouth's Siblings) • L.A. Villains • Street Thieves • Cider House • Creature Rejection Clan • Starservant • Ending|
|Paranormal Liberation Front|
|Grand Commander||Tomura Shigaraki|
|Lieutenants||Re-Destro • Trumpet • Twice • Dabi • Geten • Himiko Toga • Skeptic • Spinner • Mr. Compress|
|Other Members||Kyudai Garaki|
|Nomu||Johnny • Mocha • Woman • Ribby • Robot • Chubs • Eleph|
|Associates||Giran • Hawks|
|League of Villains|
|Original Members||All For One • Nomu • Kyudai Garaki • Gigantomachia • Kurogiri • Tomura Shigaraki|
|Recruits||Dabi • Himiko Toga • Magne • Moonfish • Mr. Compress • Muscular • Mustard • Spinner • Twice|
|Standard Nomu||Nomu (U.S.J.) • Nomu (Hosu) • Nomu (Chainsaw) • Johnny|
|High-End Nomu||Hood • Woman • Ribby • Robot • Chubs • Eleph|
|Leaders||Overhaul • Chronostasis • Mimic|
|Eight Bullets||Shin Nemoto • Rikiya Katsukame • Toya Setsuno • Yu Hojo • Soramitsu Tabe • Deidoro Sakaki • Kendo Rappa • Hekiji Tengai|
|Meta Liberation Army|
|Leaders of Current Group||Re-Destro • Curious • Trumpet • Skeptic|
|Other Members of Current Group||Geten • Slidin' Go|
|Team Reservoir Dogs|
|Members||Yellow • Red • Blue • Green|
|Members||Wolfram • Nobu • Daigo • Swordkil|
|Members||Nine • Slice • Chimera • Mummy|
|Independent||Cow Cowboy • Villain Bots • Three Sturm und Drang Brothers • Emperor Yotsuura • Ichiro Hotta • Jiro Hotta • Suicide Bomber • Mazinger Brothers • Robber Villain • Garvey|
|Members||Queen Bee (Kuin Hachisuka & Bee☆Pop) • Mario Kugutsu • Hina • Number 6|
|Instant Villains||Soga Kugizaki • Moyuru Tochi • Rapt Tokage • Akira Iwako • Teruo Unagisawa • Monster Cat • Chuma Yakumaru • Ryuichi Gojiyama • Eiji Okameda • Rikiya Eno|
|Next-Level Villains||Teruo Unagisawa • Kirihito Kamachi • Bat Villain • Octoid • Tommy S. Gordon • Willie Wanda • Bombers|
|Abegawa Tenchu Kai|
|Members||Rojiya Yonenaga • Tetsu • Haruhisa • Soji|
|Team-Up Missions Series|
|Wild Villains||Bearhead • Curator • Zookeeper|
|Volcano Thieves||Volcano • Dusty Ash • Gust Boy|