Rikido is a tall, very muscular young man with a wide build. His brown hair is short, and spiked upwards away from his head. He has rather small, square-shaped eyes with small black pupils and has a pair of bushy eyebrows just above. He has very large and thick lips which are slightly darker in color than the rest of his skin, and a notably large, round nose.
His hero costume consists of a yellow full-body suit, covering the entirety of his body, the only exceptions being the holes around his mouth, each of his eyes, and his hair. He wears white gloves and boots, and a utility belt around his waist, small quantities of sugar stored inside its pouches.
Rikido has an interest in sweets and baking, the latter being a useful skill to have due to his Quirk.
He is surprisingly talented at making sweets, conquering his classmates with his food. The fact that Rikido was caught off guard by this overly positive reaction suggests that he himself doesn't think much of his own abilities as a confectioner. Nevertheless, every week in the dorms, Rikido bakes sweets and shares them with his classmates, which he calls “Sugar Time”. He pairs his sweets with Momo’s tea to create a gourmet night.
Overall Abilities: Thanks to his Quirk, Sugar Rush, Rikido is a straightforward fighter who takes advantage of the temporarily augmented physical might, granted by his power, to punch his way through obstacles and enemies. During the U.S.J. Incident, thanks to Ochaco Uraraka running interference against Kurogiri, Rikido and Hanta Sero were able to successfully subdue the villain even further. His abilities eventually garnered the attention of the Lion Hero: Shishido, giving Rikido the opportunity to intern under the No. 13 Pro Hero, and improve on his flurry of attacks and the ability to read ahead of situations.
Gastronomic Talents: Rikido has great talent in baking, being able to prepare cakes and other types of sweets. This talent was developed due to his Quirk needing sugar to be activated and store bought sweets being more expensive.
Sugar Rush (シュガードープ Shugā Dōpu): Rikido's Quirk allows him to increase his strength five-fold for three minutes. In order to activate his Quirk, he needs to consume 10 grams of sugar. When converting sugar into strength, his cognitive functions gradually drop, making him very sleepy afterward. For every additional 10 grams of sugar he ingests, he extends the time of increased strength by another three minutes.
As part of his training, Rikido engaged in weightlifting while consuming large amounts of sweets in order to increase the amount of augmented physical strength granted by his Quirk.
|Popular Among Girls||5/6 A|
Utility Belt: Rikido's Hero costume has a utility belt; presumably filled with sugar cubes and/or other sweets.
Battles & Events
|Battles & Events|
- Rikido's initial design was quite similar to his current one, the only differences being bits of his hero costume and the lack of large lips.
- According to Rikido's Volume 5 profile:
- His favorite food is cake.
- His design invokes an old-school style.
- Kohei Horikoshi wanted to show his Quirk earlier, deeming it as "very strong".
- Rikido's appearance may have been inspired by the main character of Kinnikuman, who's also a big-lipped wrestler.
- Rikido's surname contains the kanji for "sand" (砂 sa?) and "wisteria" (藤 tō?), and his first name contains "power, strength" (力 riki?) and "path" (道 dō?).
- Rikido's known U.A. data is as follows:
- Rikido, along with Koji Koda, are currently the only students in Class 1-A without a named Super Move.
- His hero name, "Sugar Man", is also the name of an obscure Marvel Comics villain.
- Rikido’s English voice actor, Cris George, also voices Death Arms and Gigantomachia.
- Rikido was the last student of Class 1-A to have his Quirk shown.
- Rikido has daily tea time meetings with Momo Yaoyorozu.
- My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 99.
- My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 60.
- My Hero Academia: Ultra Analysis: The Official Character Guide.
|U.A. High School|
|Class 1-A Students||Denki Kaminari • Eijiro Kirishima • Fumikage Tokoyami • Hanta Sero • Izuku Midoriya • Katsuki Bakugo • Koji Koda • Kyoka Jiro • Mashirao Ojiro • Mezo Shoji • Mina Ashido • Minoru Mineta • Momo Yaoyorozu • Ochaco Uraraka • Rikido Sato • Shoto Todoroki • Tenya Ida • Toru Hagakure • Tsuyu Asui • Yuga Aoyama|
|Class 1-B Students||Hiryu Rin • Ibara Shiozaki • Itsuka Kendo • Juzo Honenuki • Jurota Shishida • Kinoko Komori • Kojiro Bondo • Kosei Tsuburaba • Manga Fukidashi • Neito Monoma • Nirengeki Shoda • Pony Tsunotori • Reiko Yanagi • Sen Kaibara • Setsuna Tokage • Shihai Kuroiro • Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu • Togaru Kamakiri • Yosetsu Awase • Yui Kodai|
|Department of Support||Mei Hatsume • Bibimi Kenranzaki|
|General Department||Hitoshi Shinso • Chikuchi Togeike • Tsutsutaka Agoyamato|
|Second Year Students||Mawata Fuwa|
|Third Year Students||Mirio Togata • Nejire Hado • Tamaki Amajiki • Bibimi Kenranzaki • Yuyu Haya|
|Staff||All Might • Cementoss • Ectoplasm • Eraser Head • Hound Dog • Lunch Rush • Midnight • Nezu • Power Loader • Present Mic • Recovery Girl • Snipe • Thirteen • Vlad King • Gran Torino (Retired)|
|Former Students||All Might • Endeavor • Best Jeanist • Midnight • Eraser Head • Loud Cloud • Present Mic • Mister Blaster|
|Locations||Class 1-A • Class 1-B • Conference Room • Ground Beta • Ground Gamma • Ground Omega • Gym Gamma • Heights Alliance • Lunch Rush Cafeteria • P.E. Grounds • Recovery Girl's Nurse's Office • Sports Festival Stadium • Teachers Lounge • U.A.'s Development Studio • Unforeseen Simulation Joint|