Tenya activates Recipro Burst by forcing the torque and RPM of his engines into overdrive. This grants him explosive power and incredibly fast speed for ten seconds. After the time limit is reached, his engines will stall for a short period of time.
Using this technique, Tenya was able to propel Team Todoroki fast enough to steal Team Midoriya's headband in the blink of an eye. He also uses this move to enhance the striking power of his kicks, able to deliver multiple powerful blows in quick succession.
Tenya has also combine Recipro Burst with Izuku Midoriya's One For All: Full Cowl and Eijiro Kirishima's Hardening to break through a wall and launch themselves on Shoto Todoroki's ice ramp to fly across the battle field while rescuing Katsuki Bakugo.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 29 (p. 16-17) and Episode 18.
- My Hero Academia: Vigilantes Manga: Chapter 18.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 41 and Episode 24.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 55 and Episode 30.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapters 90-91 and Episode 48.