Pop Off allows the user to produce sticky spheres from their head that they can pluck painlessly.
Once Minoru removes one of his spheres, a new one will grow in its place almost instantly. The spheres will adhere to any surface they come into contact with, except for Minoru himself. Water does not seem to affect the adhesion capabilities of the spheres.
The stickiness of the spheres corresponds to Minoru's internal health, lasting several hours to a day if he is in good condition. If Minoru removes too many spheres from his head in quick succession, he will begin to bleed from the scalp.
Minoru primarily uses his spheres as thrown projectiles, binding opponents and their weapons to other objects or even themselves. Minoru is intelligent enough to come up with traps as well, something his spheres are very suitable for. Pop Off tends to be a fairly underestimated ability, which allows Minoru to surprise those that let their guard down.
Minoru can take advantage of the fact that his spheres bounce off his body to use them as small trampolines, letting him bypass obstacles found on the ground. The spheres can also be used to scale virtually any surface.
Shortly before the Provisional Hero License Exam, Minoru was able to use his Pop Off spheres as a whip-like weapon, which aided him in defending against incoming balls.
Named Super Moves
- The name Mogi Mogi, is based on Meiji Mogi Mogi Fruits Goumi Candy, an actual Japanese snack.
- Like several other Quirks, Pop Off has its own signature sound effect: "POP".
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 14 and Episode 10.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 67 and Episode 36.
- My Hero Academia: Heroes: Rising.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 210 and Episode 98.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 214 and Episode 99.
- My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 321.