Where will this experiment lead me? Even though I was the subject, I wasn't told. Nor will I dwell on such questions. I'm just a convenient lab rat. It's easier to see it that way. In order... to create... my... no... our ideal world, everything... must be... destroyed.Nine in "League of Villains: Undercover"
Nine was a man of reasonable height with fair skin and thin, rectangular gray eyes and white pupils. He also had white hair that reaches just past his shoulders, worn swept back away from his face. In the past, Nine wore black shoes, black pants, and a tattered white jacket.
His most defining feature was the large black mask that covers him from his chest to just above his nose, four extra pieces winding around the exposed skin of his face and around his head. Four darker plates cover each side of his neck, lined with dark purple, and he had what appears to be something similar to the flat muzzle of a gas mask over his mouth that’s decorated with seven gray studs, as well as a large purple and black cylinder protruding from each of his shoulder blades. Below this, he wore a full-body suit of a similar design, with plates of black covering his entire body, leaving only his fingers exposed, and, over this, a blazer and dress pants of a pale lilac color. He also wore black boots.
Nine was a frigid person, unfazed by most situations. He did not attack anyone unless provoked, and used his Quirks to ward attacks. If pushed enough, however, he was prone to violent fits of rage. He would also completely abandon any restraint in those moments, demonstrated by him attempting to choke Mahoro Shimano to death in order to force Katsuma Shimano into getting his Quirk taken. Despite his overwhelming strength, Nine was very humble, and greatly valued those who demonstrated impressive strength by his standard, let it be an ally or enemy.
Nine believed that a truly superhuman society should be one where hierarchy is determined by one's strength, making heroes and villains irrelevant. With the ideal that might makes right, Nine was prepared to undergo whatever experimentation was necessary to increase his own power.
Nine's philosophy and motivations were not just for his own sake, but also for his teammates Slice, Mummy, and Chimera. He sympathized with their lives of oppression due to his own similar past and wanted to enact their collective desire to build an ideal world for all four of them, as shown when he talked to Kyudai Garaki about his goal as he thought of his friends while referring to "their" ideal world.
Overall Abilities: With his powerful set of Quirks, Nine was a formidable villain, only hindered by his deteriorating health caused from cellular degeneration. He already possessed the Weather Manipulation Quirk before obtaining a weaker version of All For One through a surgery. Although Nine was limited to stealing only eight Quirks, he selected ones that were particularly destructive and advantageous. Even then, Nine managed to steal only five Quirks, and could use only four of the stolen Quirks in combat alongside his original Quirk; due to his multitude of Quirks through which he can switch, Nine is an unpredictable combatant, making him all the more dangerous.
Upon reaching Nabu Island, Nine easily repelled the numerous attacks of U.A. High's Class 1-A, and was exhausted only when his health faltered. Eventually, Nine was defeated through the combined efforts of Izuku Midoriya and Katsuki Bakugo who used their One For All-enhanced abilities at full power. Although Nine survived, he was rendered feeble and was killed by Tomura Shigaraki.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Nine repeatedly demonstrated excellent reaction time and reflexes. He used his Air Wall to negate attacks that he didn't see, easily neutralizing brisk and omnidirectional attacks.
- Immense Durability: Nine possessed a very impressive amount of physical durability, shown when he survived many assaults from two One For All users. Even after being overpowered by One For All in the final battle, Nine managed to survive, although he was on the brink of death afterward.
Keen Intellect: Nine was a very astute individual, with great observational skills. Following his emergence from stasis, Nine realized that despite the success of his operation, the side effects of his Weather Manipulation had worsened, and requires a Cell Activation Quirk that will resuscitate him. After depowering Mr. Shimano, Nine noticed that the Quirk was incompatible with his blood type: B. He guessed that one of Mr. Shimano's children would possess a similar Quirk that was compatible with his blood, so the white-haired villain took and his group headed to Nabu Island. Upon failing to steal One For All from Izuku, Nine deduced that the latter had multiple Quirks as well and deemed him dangerous too live.
- Leadership Skills: Nine was able to effectively direct his teammates, giving them designated roles that suit their respective abilities. He came up with a strategy to cut off Nabu Island from outside communications as well as prevent its inhabitants from escaping.
Indomitable Will: Nine held onto his ideals throughout his life and even in bitter defeat, was not dissuaded from his goals. His sheer will did not bend or break under the pure offensive force of One For All, and no matter the circumstances the man continued to fight on, determined to accomplish both his and his allies dreams of creating a more ideal world until the very end of his life.
Weather Manipulation (
All For One (オール・フォー・ワン Ōru Fō Wan?): Nine's second Quirk was a weaker duplicate of All For One, with which he could steal and hold up to eight different Quirks. He obtained it through a surgical transplant by Dr. Kyudai Garaki, after he was deemed compatible with All For One's Quirk Factor. It is unknown if he could transfer those Quirks to someone else. However, the Quirk only worsened his already fragile health faster.
- Air Wall: Nine can use this Quirk to create a transparent barrier made of pressurized air to shield himself in a particular direction. This Quirk can also be used offensively, by releasing a powerful air burst that can push away people and attacks or used as a springboard which can physically push people away. This Quirk is both extremely durable and powerful, as it was able to withstand One For All: Full Cowl - 100%.
- Scanning: Nine can use this Quirk to measure the strength of anyone he looks at through an infrared-like measurement system which he uses to predict what someone's Quirk is. This is demonstrated when he measured the increasing physical strength of Izuku Midoriya to determine that he had a Quirk that granted him Super Strength.
- Bullet Laser: Nine uses this Quirk to fire purple-colored lasers from his fingertips at will. This Quirk has been shown to be able to easily pierce through human flesh, as well as many other solid surfaces. It has also been shown that it can explode on the impact of some surfaces.
- Hydra: Nine could summon a number of large blue dragon-shaped attacks out of his back that he can control at will. Nine typically uses this Quirk as a long-range weapon and uses it to suspend or restrain people. He typically summons two at a time.
- Cell Activation (
細 胞 活 性Saibō Kassei?): This Quirk allowed Nine to activate the cells in his own body or another person's body, boosting regeneration and repairing any damage. However, it only works on individuals of a certain blood type. Nine stole this Quirk from the Shimano siblings' father, but it was in vain due to the villain's blood type being incompatible.
Life-Support Tubes: Nine had tubes on his back that released a drug-like substance that healed him slightly after overusing his abilities. It also boosted his offensive power dramatically and allowed him to function for an extended period of time.
Battles and Events
|Battles & Events|
- It is currently unknown if he is nameless or has a full name.
- Nine, Izuku Midoriya and Gigantomachia are tied with having the third-highest amount of Quirks in the series. They are passed, in ascending order by All For One and Tomura, the latter of whom who had All For One's powers added onto his present Decay Quirk.
- Nine's original Quirk and design may be based off of and referencing the X-Men character Storm, from the Marvel Comics.
|League of Villains|
|Current Leader||Tomura Shigaraki|
|Recruits||Dabi • Himiko Toga • Magne • Moonfish • Mr. Compress • Muscular • Mustard • Spinner • Twice|
|Underlings||Axer • Berserker • Chomper • Dragon • Four-Armed Zealot • Giant Palm • Gorilla • Gravitational Spring • Greedy Gaping Jaw • Hanzo Suiden • Hard Head • Invisible Wall • Martial Hair • Minotaurus • Mummy • Muscle Man • Needle Hair • One-Eyed Green Dragon • Oxy-Man • Sharkyonara • Sharp Blade • Sickle Claw • Spike • Steel Bulwark • Stitched Giant • Tesla • Thousand Eyes • Varanus • Victor • Yashamaru|
|Standard Nomu||U.S.J Nomu • Hosu Nomus • Chainsaw Nomu • Johnny|
|High-End Nomu||Chubs • Eleph • Hood • Ribby • Robot • Woman • Six Unnamed|
|Associates||Giran • Nine|
|Original Members||All For One • Kyudai Garaki • Gigantomachia • Nomu • Kurogiri|
|Locations||Haibori Woods • Jaku General Hospital • League of Villains Bar • Nomu Factory|