Nine was a man of reasonable height with fair skin and thin, rectangular gray eyes with white pupils. He also had white hair that reaches just past his shoulders, worn swept back away from his face. In the past, Nine wore black shoes, black pants, and a tattered white jacket.
His most defining feature was the large black mask that covers him from his chest to just above his nose, four extra pieces winding around the exposed skin of his face and around his head. Four darker plates cover each side of his neck, lined with dark purple, and he had what appears to be something similar to the flat muzzle of a gas mask over his mouth that’s decorated with seven gray studs, as well as a large purple and black cylinder protruding from each of his shoulder blades. Below this, he wore a full-body suit of a similar design, with plates of black covering his entire body, leaving only his fingers exposed, and, over this, a blazer and dress pants of a pale lilac color. He also wore black boots.
Nine possessed a very calm and apathetic demeanor, usually showing little to no emotion regardless of the situation. He also had a great deal of composure, as seen by his refusal to attack anyone unless provoked, as well as using his Quirks exclusively in a defensive manner. If pushed enough, however, he was prone to violent fits of rage. He would also completely abandon any restraint in those moments, demonstrated by him attempting to choke Mahoro to death in order to force Katsuma into getting his Quirk taken. Despite his overwhelming strength, Nine was very humble, and greatly valued those who demonstrated impressive strength by his standard, be it ally or enemy.
Nine believed that a truly superhuman society should be one where the supremacy of one's Quirk is the only way of measuring a person's worth and that both heroes and villains are irrelevant. With the ideal that raw power is the only thing that matters, Nine was prepared to undergo whatever experimentation was necessary to increase his own power.
Nine's philosophy and motivations were not just for his own sake, but also for his teammates Slice, Mummy, and Chimera. He sympathized with their lives of oppression due to his own similar past and wanted to enact their collective desire to build an ideal world for all four of them, as shown when he talked to Kyudai Garaki about his goal as he thought of his friends while referring to "their" ideal world.
Overall Abilities: Nine was an extraordinarily powerful villain, who possessed a great handle on his Weather Manipulation Quirk, which he used to overwhelm his opponents with tornadoes and lightning strikes, and cause widespread destruction. His Quirk however came with a serious drawback: cellular degeneration from repeated use. This toll kept Nine from fighting prolonged battles. In an attempt to cure this detriment, Nine donated his body to the League of Villains and underwent a procedure wherein he was injected with the DNA of All For One, acquiring the same ability to steal Quirks as a result, although his variant limited Nine to taking 8 other powers. The operation made Nine even more dangerous than he already was, and, like All For One himself, having multiple Quirks rendered him an unpredictable combatant that can switch between powers amid battle. Having escaped his containment pod, Nine, with the help of his comrades Chimera, Slice, and Mummy, stole the Quirks of 4 Pro Heroes and Mr. Shimano, ahead of travelling to Nabu Island to gain possession of the Cell Activation Quirk belonging to Katsuma Shimano.
With his multitude of Quirks, Nine kept Izuku Midoriya, a powerful combatant, on the defensive, while simultaneously defending himself, before attempting to steal the hero's Quirk, but to no avail in the latter case. However, his efforts did stun Izuku long enough for Nine to launch him away and then attack him with his Bullet Laser ability. His onslaught was interrupted by the timely arrival of Katsuki Bakugo, another formidable combatant whom Nine pressured with his various powers. Nine then used his Hydra Quirk to surprise a flank-initiating Katsuki and was obliged to employ his Weather Manipulation when Izuku prepared a 100% "Detroit Smash", effectively incapacitating the two fighters. When the injured pair persisted, Nine took them out of the battle with his Air Wall, but he began to suffer from cellular decay, putting him out of commission as well.
The next day, after getting some rest, Nine effortlessly endured the bombardment of U.A. High School's Class 1-A students, including the multidirectional blitz from Izuku, Katsuki, Hanta, and Ochaco, the four of whom Nine easily repelled. As he once again plied his Hydra Quirk to restrain Izuku and Katsuki, Nine's cellular disintegration took hold once more, releasing the students and nearly putting the white-haired villain at their mercy. At the last moment, Nine was compelled to inject himself with a drug from his life support tubes, drastically enhancing his powers, all while experiencing a bodily strain that grew in intensity. Brushing off Izuku and Katsuki with lightning bolts, Nine faced and flawlessly dispatched Mezo Shoji, Kyoka Jiro, and Mashirao Ojiro. Nine almost succeeded in stealing Katsuma's Quirk, but was interrupted by Izuku and Katsuki, who survived the villain's lightning strikes due to Denki Kaminari acting as a lightning rod.
With his escalating physical overtax, Nine was overpowered by the returning duo, urging him to exceed limits, making his power inflate to where he can devastate the entirety of Mount Shiroyama and finally dominate Izuku and Katsuki to near-defeat, efficaciously neutralizing their strongest techniques, "Detroit Smash" and "Howitzer Impact", respectively. Nine's augmented prowess forced Izuku into transferring One For All to Katsuki in a final effort to level the playing field. The multi-Quirk user found himself struggling against the two One For All holders until he was overwhelmed by their newly combined One For All collaboration outpour, ultimately defeating Nine. He survived the battle, unfortunately however, Nine was soon killed by a teleported Tomura Shigaraki.
- Enhanced Reflexes: Nine repeatedly demonstrated excellent reaction time. He used his Air Wall to negate attacks that he didn't see, and easily neutralized the brisk and omnidirectional ones.
- Immense Durability: Nine possessed a very impressive amount of physical durability. He managed to survive a direct hit to the face from Izuku's 20% "One For All: Full Cowl" smash with no visible damage, and continued to contend with Izuku and Katsuki despite the immense pain his body was experiencing. Even after being hit point-blank by Izuku and Katsuki's combined One For All cooperation onrush, Nine managed to abide the overwhelming power, although he was on the brink of death afterward. Nine is the only character other than Wolfram to survive an attack by multiple One For All users, Nine however is the only individual known to survive an amplified attack from a One For All empowered Explosion Quirk.
Keen Intellect: Nine was a very astute individual, with great observational skills. Following his emergence from stasis, Nine realized that despite the success of his operation, the side effects of his Weather Manipulation had worsened, and requires a Cell Activation Quirk that will resuscitate him. After depowering Mr. Shimano, Nine took notice of the Quirk being incompatible with his blood type: B. He then saw a video of Mr. Shimano's children, Mahoro and Katsuma, and deduced that one of the two kids may have a similar Cell Activation Quirk that is compatible with the Nine's type-B blood. Upon arriving on Nabu Island, Nine was able to pinpoint the location of the Shimano residence to ambush Mahoro and Katsuma. Soon after, Nine vainly attempted to steal One For All from Izuku, realizing that the green-clad student has more than one power stored within his singular Quirk. Catching wind of this, Nine demonstrated good judgment, knowing Izuku's potential will make him a major threat to the masked villain, leaving Nine with the decision to kill the One For All inheritor.
- Leadership Skills: Nine was able to effectively direct his teammates, giving them designated roles that suit their respective abilities. When the villain quartet ventured to Nabu Island, Nine had Slice remain at the port and destroy the neighboring ships to keep people from leaving the island, all while Chimera and Mummy act as decoys to distract the U.A. students, as well as having Chimera knock down the communication lines to prevent the residents from contacting reinforcements.
- Indomitable Will: Nine held onto his ideals throughout his life and even in bitter defeat he was not dissuaded from his goals, his will did not bend or break under the pure offensive force of One For All, no matter the circumstances the man continued to fight determined to make his dreams and the dreams of his comrades a reality, fighting to create what he thought and believed would lead to be a better life and better world till the end.
Weather Manipulation (
All For One (オール・フォー・ワン Ōru Fō Wan?): Nine's second Quirk allowed him to steal other peoples Quirks and use them as his own. He was able to hold a maximum of eight stolen Quirks. Whether he could transfer any of these Quirks to someone else is unknown. Nine received this weaker version of All For One after he proved to be compatible with All For One's Quirk factor. However, receiving this Quirk appeared to have worsened the side-effects of his original Quirk and exhausted him much more quickly.
- Air Wall: Nine can use this Quirk to create a transparent barrier made of pressurized air to shield himself in a particular direction. This Quirk can also be used offensively, by releasing a powerful air burst that can push away people and attacks or used as a springboard which can physically push people away. This Quirk is both extremely durable and powerful, as it was able to withstand One For All: Full Cowl - 100%.
- Scanning: Nine can use this Quirk to measure the strength of anyone he looks at through an infrared-like measurement system which he uses to predict what someone's Quirk is. This is demonstrated when he measured the increasing physical strength of Izuku Midoriya to determine that he had a Quirk that granted him Super Strength.
- Bullet Laser: Nine uses this Quirk to fire purple-colored lasers from his fingertips at will. This Quirk has been shown to be able to easily pierce through human flesh, as well as many other solid surface. It has also been shown that it can explode on the impact of some surfaces.
- Hydra: Nine could summon a number of large blue dragon-shaped attacks out of his back that he can control at will. Nine typically uses this Quirk as a long-range weapon and uses it to suspend or restrain people. He typically summons two at a time.
- Cell Activation (
細 胞 活 性Saibō Kassei?): This Quirk allowed Nine to activate the cells in his own body or another person's body, boosting regeneration and repairing any damage. However, it only works on individuals of a certain blood type. Nine stole this Quirk from Katsuma Shimano's father, but it was in vain due to the villain's blood type being incompatible.
Life-Support Tubes: Nine had tubes on his back that released a drug-like substance that healed him slightly after overusing his abilities. It also boosted his offensive power dramatically and allowed him to function for an extended period of time.
Battles and Events
|Battles & Events|
|218. The Meta Liberation Army||Absent|
|219. Go! Slidin' Go!||Absent|
|220. My Villain Academia||Absent|
|221. Memento from All For One||Absent|
|222. Tomura Shigaraki: Distortion||Debut|
|224. Revival Party||Absent|
|225. Interview with a Vampire||Absent|
|226. Bloody Love||Absent|
|228. Wounded Soul||Absent|
|229. All It Takes Is One Bad Day||Absent|
|230. Sad Man's Parade||Absent|
|232. Meta Abilities and Quirks||Absent|
|233. Bright Future||Absent|
|234. Sense Destruction||Absent|
|235. Tenko Shimura: Origin||Absent|
|236. Tenko Shimura: Origin, Part 2||Absent|
|237. Tomura Shigaraki: Origin||Absent|
- It is currently unknown if he is nameless or has a full name.
- Nine and Izuku Midoriya are tied with having the third highest amount of Quirks in the series. They are passed, in ascending order by All For One and Tomura Shigaraki, the latter of whom who had All For One's powers added onto his present Decay Quirk.
- Nine's original Quirk and design may be based off of and referencing the X-Men character Storm, from Marvel Comics.