Kota is a small boy with short spiky black hair who stands at a height comparable to Minoru Mineta. His style of clothing consists of a short-sleeved collared shirt with buttons and dark shorts. In the colder months, he is seen wearing a sweatshirt with a hood. He also wears a red hat with two golden spike-shaped horns on the front.
Prior to the death of his parents, Kota was a very happy boy who loved his parents.
After the deaths of his parents, Kota became a reserved, cold, and grumpy misanthrope who hates being around heroes and those who desire to become them. So much so, that he punched Izuku in the groin when they first met. Kota also doesn't seem to be a fan of indecency, as shown when he stops Minoru from peeping on the girl's hot spring by throwing him from the top of the wall.
Due to the premature deaths of both his parents, Kota had developed a cynical and jaded view of heroes. He believed that his parents abandoned him by choosing to work as Pro Heroes, unable to comprehend that they had died noble deaths in trying to stop a rampaging villain. Kota remained distant and closed his heart to Shino, his only remaining relative, and clearly dislikes her and the other Wild, Wild Pussycats for being Heroes, but does as they say since he has nowhere else to go.
Kota detested not only heroes but Villains, Quirks, and the current superhuman society in general as well. Kota views heroes and villains killing one another with their "corny powers" as just shows of strength for the sake of petty popularity. To Kota, this conflict is what causes misery in the world and the needless deaths of so many people. As realised by Izuku, Kota's grief had put him in a state of denial, and his animosity towards how his parents died while he was so young caused him to blame the world for how it is, unable to see the real reason why they died and move past it.
Since being rescued by Izuku however, Kota was able to see why heroes exist. He recognizes that Izuku risked his life for him, and took a severe injury in a fight for someone he didn't even know. After being saved from the villain that killed his parents, and realizing that a hero puts someone else's life before their own, Kota was finally able to see why his parents died and moved past his hateful disposition.
Kota has slowly begun to open himself up to others, though he is still rather indifferent and prideful since he became very embarrassed when it was revealed he chose red shoes just like Izuku's.
Water Gun (
Battles and Events
|Battles & Events|
- His surname, "Izumi", means flood (出水?) and is pronounced the same spring, fountain (泉?). His given name contains the kanji for sparkling water (洸?) and washing, sieving, filtering, etc (汰?).
- Kota is very similar to Inari from Naruto.
- They both wear hats that make them stand out from the other characters.
- They're both young children who lost their loved ones to a villain and develop a jaded view of the world.
- They both meet the main protagonist in the early arcs of the respective series and are hostile to them initially; but are soon inspired by them and move on from their sorrows by the end of the arcs.
- Kota shares several similarities with Dabi:
- Kota shares multiple similarities with Kotaro Shimura.
- Both have black hair.
- Both hated their relatives for leaving them behind for the sake of being heroes. However, both of them expressed their remorse after understanding the meaning of heroes.
- Both are connected to the League of Villains, Kota with his parents being killed by the future-member Muscular; Kotaro with his mother being killed by All For One and his son being on his way to become the next leader of the league.
- Both have the word "Kota" in their names.
- Kota’s relation to Shino differs in the anime and manga:
- In the anime, Kota is Shino’s cousin once removed, meaning that one his parents is Shino’s cousin.
- In the manga, Kota is Shino’s nephew, meaning that one of his parents is Shino’s sibling.
- Kota likes being alone.
- Horikoshi describes his character as difficult in every aspect.
- (To Izuku Midoriya) "You're all freaking nuts... calling yourselves "heroes" or "villains" and going around killing each other like idiots. Talking about your Quirks all the time... all just to show off. Idiots."
|Families and Civilians|
|Asui Family||Ganma Asui • Beru Asui • Tsuyu Asui • Samidare Asui • Satsuki Asui|
|Bakugo Family||Masaru Bakugo • Mitsuki Bakugo • Katsuki Bakugo|
|Ida Family||Tensei Ida • Tenya Ida|
|Jiro Family||Kyotoku Jiro • Mika Jiro • Kyoka Jiro|
|Midoriya Family||Hisashi Midoriya • Inko Midoriya • Izuku Midoriya|
|Shimano Family||Mahoro Shimano • Katsuma Shimano|
|Shigaraki Family||All For One • Yoichi Shigaraki • Tomura Shigaraki|
|Shimura Family||Mako • Chizuo • Nana Shimura • Kotaro Shimura • Nao Shimura • Hana Shimura • Tenko Shimura|
|Takami Family||Tomie Takami • Keigo Takami|
|Todoroki Family||Enji Todoroki • Rei Todoroki • Toya Todoroki • Fuyumi Todoroki • Natsuo Todoroki • Shoto Todoroki|
|Tsukauchi Family||Naomasa Tsukauchi • Makoto Tsukauchi|
|Shield Family||David Shield • Melissa Shield|
|Soul Family||Eddie Soul • Rody Soul • Roro Soul • Lala Soul|
|Haimawari Family||Shoko Haimawari • Koichi Haimawari|
|Oguro Family||Iwao Oguro • Tamao Oguro|
|Skyline Family||Christopher Skyline • Pamela|
|Civilians||Aorio Kuraishisu • Daikaku Miyagi • Eri • Gantetsu • Hikage Shinomori • Hime • Ichimoku Samazu • Ikkaku • Jube Namimaru • Komari Ikoma • Kota Izumi • Luminescent Baby • Miyashita • Moko Tamashi • Public Safety Commission President • Rin Yaritezawa • Saito • Samuel Abraham • Sho • Takuto • Tamashiro • Taneo Tokuda • Teruo Hazukashi • The Mother of Quirks • Tsubasa • Untenmaru Kurumada • Yokumiru Mera|