Kosei is a young man with short brown hair, spiked up at odd angles on his head. His eyes are oval-shaped, along with his large pupils.
His hero costume consists of a simple light blue jacket, with pale pants, a black shirt underneath, and he wears large brown boots with cylindrical shapes on the soles.
Kosei is a very enthusiastic and competitive individual who holds himself to a high standard as he makes an effort to avoid descending to the level of his rivals.
However, Kosei was not above taunting Katsuki Bakugo himself after stopping the Class 1-A student with his Quirk. Similar to Neito Monoma, Kosei has no problem settling for less rather than aiming for the top.
He seems to have a subtle yet rather lecherous side, which is demonstrated in how he was mostly thinking about how Tsuyu Asui's tongue was wrapped around him when he was captured.
Solid Air (
Initially, these walls and platforms were not very strong, as Katsuki was able to break a wall as if it were made out of glass using only his bare fist, uninjured.
- Air Prison (エアプリズン Ea Purizun?): Kosei refined his Quirk since the Forest Training Camp Arc, and is able to send out squares of air, and shape them into a box to imprison his opponent. The fact that Koji Koda was imprisoned there for a while and Jurota Shishida had problems containing Koji's strength shows that these air prisons are much more durable than solid air he has shown previously. He displays this ability in the first round of the Class 1-A vs. Class 1-B training event.
|Got Your Back||5/6 A+|
Battles & Events
|Battles & Events|
- Kosei's surname contains the kanji for "yen, circle" (円 tsubura?) and "place" (場 ba?), and his first name contains "hardness" (硬 kō?) and "formation, to become" (成 sei?).
- Kosei is the only character in the main series so far to receive more than one volume character profile.
- Kosei likes ball games.
- Kosei likes any kind of live-action television that features superheroes and makes considerable use of special effects.
- Kosei's English voice actor, Aaron Dismuke, also voices Tamaki Amajiki.
|U.A. High School|
|Class 1-A Students||Denki Kaminari • Eijiro Kirishima • Fumikage Tokoyami • Hanta Sero • Izuku Midoriya • Katsuki Bakugo • Koji Koda • Kyoka Jiro • Mashirao Ojiro • Mezo Shoji • Mina Ashido • Minoru Mineta • Momo Yaoyorozu • Ochaco Uraraka • Rikido Sato • Shoto Todoroki • Tenya Ida • Toru Hagakure • Tsuyu Asui • Yuga Aoyama|
|Class 1-B Students||Hiryu Rin • Ibara Shiozaki • Itsuka Kendo • Juzo Honenuki • Jurota Shishida • Kinoko Komori • Kojiro Bondo • Kosei Tsuburaba • Manga Fukidashi • Neito Monoma • Nirengeki Shoda • Pony Tsunotori • Reiko Yanagi • Sen Kaibara • Setsuna Tokage • Shihai Kuroiro • Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu • Togaru Kamakiri • Yosetsu Awase • Yui Kodai|
|Department of Support||Mei Hatsume • Bibimi Kenranzaki|
|General Department||Hitoshi Shinso • Chikuchi Togeike • Tsutsutaka Agoyamato|
|Second Year Students||Mawata Fuwa|
|Third Year Students||Mirio Togata • Nejire Hado • Tamaki Amajiki • Bibimi Kenranzaki • Yuyu Haya|
|Staff||All Might • Cementoss • Ectoplasm • Eraser Head • Hound Dog • Lunch Rush • Midnight • Nezu • Power Loader • Present Mic • Recovery Girl • Snipe • Thirteen • Vlad King • Gran Torino (Retired)|
|Former Students||All Might • Endeavor • Best Jeanist • Midnight • Eraser Head • Loud Cloud • Present Mic • Mister Blaster|
|Locations||Class 1-A • Class 1-B • Conference Room • Ground Beta • Ground Gamma • Ground Omega • Gym Gamma • Heights Alliance • Lunch Rush Cafeteria • P.E. Grounds • Recovery Girl's Nurse's Office • Sports Festival Stadium • Teachers Lounge • U.A.'s Development Studio • Unforeseen Simulation Joint|