I just wanna love, live and die my way. My normal way. I wanna be even more like the people I love.Himiko Toga to Curious in "Bloody Love"
Himiko Toga (
She later became one of the nine lieutenants of the Paranormal Liberation Front, an organization formed from the remnants of the League and the Meta Liberation Army. After the Liberation war, she is currently at large.
Himiko is a relatively petite, fair-skinned girl who is very prone to blushing and is frequently described as to having a rather pretty face. She has slightly inward-tilting eyes, irises that are bright yellow and their pupils' thin slits, making them somewhat resemble those of a cat, and her wide mouth is also rather feline, as both her upper and lower canines are more pointed and longer than the rest of her teeth, giving her a vampire-like appearance. Her hair is a pale, dirty ash-blonde and is styled into two messy buns, with numerous wild strands sticking out at all angles from their centers and where they’re fastened, a straight fringe and two chin-length side bangs to frame her face.
Her casual outfit consists of a plain seifuku with a Kansai collar, both the skirt and the shirt dark blue with a double white trim, which is paired with a red scarf that she ties loosely below. Over this, she wears an oversized beige cardigan with a rather long hem and cuffs, and pockets on either side, the right one shown to hold a number of trinkets on either a keychain or a cellphone strap. She sports knee-length black socks and dark brown dress shoes with thick heels, the same as the outdoor uniform shoes students traditionally wear in Japanese schools.
In her villain attire, she wears the same outfit but with a few additional gadgets and pieces, such as her piped black mask, the boxes of knives strapped around her thighs, and a blue utility belt around her waist with more little green boxes attached to it on either side. The most noticeable new feature is the loose black mask she wears around her neck, which is decorated with pieces of pale metal in the shape of a carnivorous grin. Three large silver canisters are attached to the sides of her mask, with needles poking out of their tips and wires on their bases, which connect them to the two larger cylinders strapped to the back of her belt, this whole mechanism is used to suck people’s blood for Himiko to use with her Quirk.
Following the battle with the Meta Liberation Army, Himiko appears to have damaged her right eye and wears a black eyepatch over it. She also wears a new coat, given to her by Skeptic, to replace the one she damaged in her fight against Curious.
After the battle, she is shown to have healed and her eye is shown to be intact.
Himiko is a very cheerful girl, to the point of smiling even after having presumably killed someone, displaying sadistic tendencies. This continues even when danger is imminent, as shown when Tomura Shigaraki was about to attack her, but it tends to stop when she is bored or annoyed. Himiko is frequently seen blushing seemingly out of excitement rather than embarrassment, giving her a permanent look of what appears to be lovesickness on her face. However, she has shown that she can easily be embarrassed, such as when she thinks people are coming on to her, or when she is naked when copying clothes of the people she has transformed into.
Himiko is obviously mentally unstable and has a very twisted perception of love and friendship. Proven when, despite wanting to kill Ochaco Uraraka and Tsuyu Asui, she still attempted to befriend the two girls as they fought, affectionately calling Tsuyu by her first name and describing the former as "lovely". When talking to Ochaco, she said that it was only natural to want to be like the one you love, to the point of literally becoming that person. Later she further explains and compares that like how "normal" people kiss the people they love as "normal", she sucks the blood of the people she loves as this is her "normal", further showing her twisted understanding of love, which thus justifies her carving up and butchering "guys who are tattered and reeking of blood", as they fit the description of her ideal lover. Himiko's interest isn't just superficial, as her questioning Izuku Midoriya about what his values and beliefs imply, showing that although twisted, she does indeed want to know more about the person she "loves".
Himiko is quite courageous, or at least very confident when using her Quirk, even impersonating an aspiring Hero and taking part in an exam that gathered multiple students of heroics and Pro Heroes. She also has shown a comedic and childlike demeanor when faced with different situations, such as when she was with Twice or when she attempted to insult Mimic.
Like most of her allies, Himiko has stated that she finds life to be difficult for the current world and wants to make it an easier place to live in. She looks up to Stain and sees him as her role model; declaring a desire to kill and "become" him (possibly a reference to her Quirk). In stark contrast to her maniacal nature, Himiko has shown a very supportive side as she comforted a distraught Twice, knowing he feels the most responsible for causing Magne's death and covering a part of his ripped mask to prevent him from splitting. By extension, she is shown to care greatly about her comrades and was enraged enough by Magne's death that she wanted to kill Overhaul and his men as payback.
Himiko is also shown to be prone to mood swings when she finds a target of "affection" (mainly Izuku) she is loud and cheerful. However, when an obstacle gets in between her and her affection, she shows a very angered and annoyed expression, instantly switching priorities to kill whoever the nuisance is.
In the past, Himiko was noted by her family and former classmates to be, "a cheerful, reasonable, well-mannered girl" whose subsequent turn to a life of crime surprised everyone who knew her. However, her own recollections imply that this was merely an act she put on to try and fit in with what society deemed "normal." She believes the way she acts presently is her own normal.
Re-Destro theorizes that her twisted personality came off as a result of her Quirk being blood-related, thus prompting a natural inclination towards it, and by proxy her non "normal" behavior, which was later emphasized due to societal norms.
Despite her psychotic and sometimes violent personality, it appears that Himiko does possess some standards as she was greatly shocked and upset when Twice was killed during the Paranormal Liberation War. This led her to question if the heroes didn't view the villain as a person if they are meant to save people.
Himiko also appears curious as to what would happen to her if she was caught, and went to Uravity to inquire about this. Although Uravity's answer of apprehending her didn't answer this much, Himiko seems to wonder if the heroes plan to kill her like they did with Twice.
Overall Abilities: Himiko is a very talented and dangerous combatant who's not only capable of contending with Pro Heroes in close-quarters combat, but is a master of disguise, infiltration, and stealth, mostly due to her shapeshifting Quirk, Transform. With espionage being one of her most prominent traits, holding her breath and clearing her mind allows Himiko to erase her presence and allegedly vanish from her enemies' view. This ability isn't limited to ambushes, as it can be used in combat as well, disappearing if the opponent averts their attention from her, even for an instant. And despite lacking a Quirk that amplifies her combat abilities, Himiko effectively utilizes her incredible agility, reflexes, and acrobatic skills. She is also adept at creating openings to conceal herself, such as intentionally forcing an opponent to dodge.
During the Vanguard Action Squad Invasion, Himiko was able to ambush Ochaco Uraraka and Tsuyu Asui, slightly injuring the former, before easily pinning the latter to a tree. Even though she was overpowered by Ochaco's Gunhead Martial Arts, Himiko was able to secure a blood sample from the Gravity Hero, release herself, and make a hasty retreat, due to the arrival of Izuku, Shoto Todoroki, and Mezo Shoji. Five minutes later, she nearly stabs a battle-worn Izuku twice while successfully tackling him to the ground, but she was swiftly repelled by Mezo. In the course of the Kamino Incident, Himiko, along with Twice and Mr. Compress, forced Katsuki Bakugo on the defensive, before he was rescued by his classmates, and the League of Villains were transported away by All For One. Later on, Himiko, under the guise of Camie Utsushimi, proved to be a contender in the Provisional Hero License Exam, in spite of its strict competition, given she was able to employ sneak attacks to blindside Izuku, one of U.A. High School's most powerful students, and pass the first phase without needing it to be her priority. Himiko's abilities garnered the attention of Overhaul, who wanted her to play a role in the upcoming Shie Hassaikai Raid. When the raid started, she was able to defeat the Pro Hero Rock Lock, and temporarily misdirect the rest of the Nighteye Squad before revealing herself. Himiko used her swiftness to surprise Izuku with knife attacks, and then use Eraser Head's Capturing Weapon against the Pro Hero by rolling herself in it, and stab him in the shoulder once she got in close, all before the Erasure Hero could restrain her.
Come winter, the League of Villains engaged the Meta Liberation Army at the Revival Celebration, wherein Himiko faced Curious, one of the M.L.A's leaders, and her group of followers. The bout began with Himiko slashing that throat of one of the Curious' soldiers, and vanished from sight to get the drop on Curious herself, only for the adolescent to be sent crashing through a store window. When faced with 4 M.L.A members, Himiko subdued them with her needles to suck their blood but was heavily injured due to Curious detonating the siphoned blood with her Landmine Quirk. A battered Himiko was barraged by many M.L.A members until she attempted another attack on Curious, only to wind up injured even further by the publicist's Curious Flattener. Overwhelmed, Himiko tried to flee from the Liberation Army forces pursuing her, but just as Curious was about to finish off the serial killer, Himiko undergoes an Awakening, causing her Transform to evolve to where she can use the Quirks of the people into whom she's transformed, signified when she unexpectedly accessed Ochaco's Zero Gravity to make Curious levitate. With this inflated power, Himiko proceeded to swiftly tap each of Chitose's followers to make them float before any of them could react, and release them, along with Curious herself, killing off Himiko's assailants. After the Revival Celebration, Himiko became a lieutenant of the now unified Paranormal Liberation Front.
- Tantōjutsu: Himiko is very proficient with knives, which she uses along with her enhanced agility. She stabs her enemies at a close distance or throws her blades from a considerable distance. She even incapacitated Rock Lock before stabbing him unconscious.
Upon deactivating her Quirk or switching to another disguise, Himiko's disguise melts into a gray viscous liquid.
During her fight with Curious and her soldiers, Himiko's Quirk underwent an Awakening, giving her the ability to use the Quirks of the people into whom she's transformed, something that she was previously incapable of doing. But to use another person's Quirk, Himiko must have sufficient information on that said power.
|Unruly Hair||5/6 A|
Combat Knives: Himiko is usually equipped with several knives in her arsenal. They are small knives with a black handle about the size of her hand that stretches longer than the actual blade itself. Even so, she makes them effective in combat.
Blood Sucking Machine: Himiko's villain costume is equipped with a blood sucking machine attached to her utility belt. As the rear of the belt are two large green tubes with wires connecting to six cylinders armed with retractable needles. She can throw the needles from a distance using the wires or stab her opponents directly. Either way, as long as the needle connects, the machine will begin draining the victim's blood. The blood is stored in tubes that are attached to the machine and can be saved for later. However, the machine is also connected to a mask, that allows her to drink the blood directly when it is being sucked out.
Battles & Events
|Battles & Events|
- Concept art of Himiko already had her as an archetypal "yandere" (Japanese lingo used to describe a character who's dangerously obsessive towards another). One potential design included a different, plainer face with short pigtails instead of the messy hair buns present in the current Himiko design. She also had an entire row of sharp teeth instead of just prominent canines.
- The prototype sketches of Himiko state that she is possibly bisexual, meaning she may be attracted to both males and females, or also possibly pansexual, meaning attracted to people regardless of gender. It is unconfirmed whether this character trait has been kept in the main series. However, it is likely, as Himiko has expressed her "love" towards both Izuku and Ochaco.
- Notably, Himiko's ability to use the Quirks of people she transforms into was first mentioned alongside those sketches, before the story confirmed it properly in Chapter 266.
- In the third My Hero Academia anime opening, "Sora ni Utaeba", Himiko was shown as a silhouette, foreshadowing her appearance to come.
- Himiko's rankings in the Popularity Polls are as follows:
- Ranked 19th place in the Second and Third Popularity Polls.
- Ranked 9th place in the Fifth Popularity Poll.
- Ranked 17th place in the Sixth Popularity Poll.
- According to Horikoshi, Himiko is the hardest to illustrate of all the female characters he has created so far, her eyes and hair being particularly difficult.
- Himiko is the first character in the series to have her name revealed in katakana rather than kanji. This was likely done to avoid hinting at her Quirk.
- While Himiko's Quirk was revealed 46 chapters after her proper debut in Chapter 68, it was hinted by her introductory quote to Tomura, where she stated her desire "to be Stainy".
- Himiko is currently the youngest member of the League of Villains and the only female member following the demise of Magne and only female lieutenant in the PLF.
- According to Himiko's Volume 24 profile:
- She likes blood and pomegranates.
- Due to TV regulations in Japan, Himiko couldn't be naked in the original broadcasts of episodes where she was supposed to be. Instead, the footage was altered to look like she was wearing a kind of light skin tone body suit under her disguises. This was changed in the home releases of the seasons.
- (To Tomura) "I'm Toga! Himiko Toga! Life is too hard! I wanna make a world that's easier to live in! I wanna be Mr. Stainy! I wanna kill Mr. Stainy! So lemme join you, Tomura!"
- (To Tsuyu) "You're bleeding already, Tsuyu, my good friend! Isn't blood cute? I love it so."
- (To Ochaco) "Of course you wanna be like the one you love. It's natural. So you end up decking yourself out to look like him. But after enough time, even that's not enough. You literally want to become him. There's no helping it. So what's your type? I love tattered guys reeking of blood. That's why I always carve people up in the end."
- (As Camie to Izuku) "Looks like we both want to learn about each other, huh? So now... Your turn. Why are you hoping to become a hero? Honor? Pride? For someone else's sake? I want to know... all about you."
- (To herself disguised as Ochaco Uraraka) "Day after day, the police and heroes came after me. So without even trying, I became sensitive to how other people behave....and I learned that the world treats high school girls just a little bit kinder. So I don’t get caught. I don’t get caught. I don’t get caught."
- (As Ochaco to Curious) "I just wanna love, live and die my way. My normal way. I wanna be even more like the people I love."
- (To Mr. Compress) "Where do they draw the line? If Heroes are supposed to save people, then was Jin not considered a person? Will they kill me too? That's what I want to ask Izuku and Ochaco. Depending on their answer I'll be fine."
- (To Uravity) "Listen Ochaco, when I think about the people I love it makes me wanna become them. This desire to take all their blood for myself gushes up till I just can’t stand it. I get all emotional just thinking about it. That’s how I am, but other people aren’t like that. It’s so hard for me to live like this."
- (To Uravity) "Exactly, I’ve also held it in for so long! When I was little, I was told to stop being me! But that doesn’t work! When you shut your feeling away, it only grows inside!"
|Independent||Stain • Giant Villain • Toxic Chainsaw • Habit Headgear • Sludge Villain • Gentle Criminal • La Brava • Oji Harima • Teruo Hazukashi • Innsmouth Crew (Innsmouth • Innsmouth's Siblings) • L.A. Villains • Street Thieves • Cider House • Creature Rejection Clan • Starservant • Ending|
|Paranormal Liberation Front|
|Grand Commander||Tomura Shigaraki|
|Lieutenants||Re-Destro • Trumpet • Twice • Dabi • Geten • Himiko Toga • Skeptic • Spinner • Mr. Compress|
|Other Members||Kyudai Garaki|
|Nomu||Johnny • Mocha • Woman • Ribby • Robot • Chubs • Eleph|
|Associates||Giran • Hawks|
|League of Villains|
|Original Members||All For One • Nomu • Kyudai Garaki • Gigantomachia • Kurogiri • Tomura Shigaraki|
|Recruits||Dabi • Himiko Toga • Magne • Moonfish • Mr. Compress • Muscular • Mustard • Spinner • Twice|
|Standard Nomu||Nomu (U.S.J.) • Nomu (Hosu) • Nomu (Chainsaw) • Johnny|
|High-End Nomu||Hood • Woman • Ribby • Robot • Chubs • Eleph|
|Leaders||Overhaul • Chronostasis • Mimic|
|Eight Bullets||Shin Nemoto • Rikiya Katsukame • Toya Setsuno • Yu Hojo • Soramitsu Tabe • Deidoro Sakaki • Kendo Rappa • Hekiji Tengai|
|Meta Liberation Army|
|Leaders of Current Group||Re-Destro • Curious • Trumpet • Skeptic|
|Other Members of Current Group||Geten • Slidin' Go|
|Team Reservoir Dogs|
|Members||Yellow • Red • Blue • Green|
|Members||Wolfram • Nobu • Daigo • Swordkil|
|Members||Nine • Slice • Chimera • Mummy|
|Independent||Cow Cowboy • Villain Bots • Three Sturm und Drang Brothers • Emperor Yotsuura • Ichiro Hotta • Jiro Hotta • Suicide Bomber • Mazinger Brothers • Robber Villain • Garvey|
|Members||Queen Bee (Kuin Hachisuka & Bee☆Pop) • Mario Kugutsu • Hina • Number 6|
|Instant Villains||Soga Kugizaki • Moyuru Tochi • Rapt Tokage • Akira Iwako • Teruo Unagisawa • Monster Cat • Chuma Yakumaru • Ryuichi Gojiyama • Eiji Okameda • Rikiya Eno|
|Next-Level Villains||Teruo Unagisawa • Kirihito Kamachi • Bat Villain • Octoid • Tommy S. Gordon • Willie Wanda • Bombers|
|Abegawa Tenchu Kai|
|Members||Rojiya Yonenaga • Tetsu • Haruhisa • Soji|
|Team-Up Missions Series|
|Wild Villains||Bearhead • Curator • Zookeeper|
|Volcano Thieves||Volcano • Dusty Ash • Gust Boy|