A king... must inspire dread. Must be admired. Must be strong.Gigantomachia to Tomura Shigaraki in "Tomura Shigaraki: Distortion"
Gigantomachia (ギガントマキア Gigantomakia?) is a villain associated with the League of Villains. He is one of All For One's faithful servants and his former bodyguard, cultivated to be of use to Tomura Shigaraki if anything were to happen to him.
Gigantomachia is an enormous individual, about the height of a large tree with a musclebound build. His brown hair is spiky and parts of his body appear to be jagged, much like rock. His teeth are prominently pointed, his lower canines protruding out of his mouth on either side.
Notably, he always carries a portable radio wherever he goes, sometimes even tying it to a rope and wearing it around his neck. He also sports a hooded cloak that he wears while in public.
Gigantomachia appears to be a polite person at first, but will quickly become impatient and aggressive towards those that are uncooperative with him. If someone manages to help him out though, he will simply leave and avoid a confrontation.
He is also a faithful servant to All For One and questions Tomura's worthiness as his successor. His devotion and obedience to All For One are so great that simply hearing a recording of All For One's voice can calm him from breaking out into a blind rage.
Daruma Ujiko describes Gigantomachia as a walking calamity who lives and dies for the sake of his master, with the giant himself repeatedly stating that everything he does is for him. Once awoken and commanded, he will plow through and destroy anything and anyone in his path with no regard for anything but his sole objective. As mentioned beforehand, he holds no respect for anyone he deems as weak, as he initially viewed Tomura as someone who could not stand up to All For One's strength in his eyes. However, once he saw Tomura unlocking his true power and emerge victorious over Re-Destro, he truly acknowledged him as a worthy leader, even shedding a tear of joy at him standing proud over his defeated foe.
Overall Abilities: Gigantomachia is an incredibly powerful force, serving as All For One's personal bodyguard for years even before being modified with multiple Quirks. During a brief encounter with Gran Torino and several police officers, the behemoth forced the veteran hero to retreat while leaving a massive cavity in the side of a mountain. Come winter, Gigantomachia was able to take on the combined forces of the League of Villains' six remaining members (Tomura, Dabi, Himiko Toga, Spinner, Twice and Mr. Compress) with ease and defeat them repeatedly. Even after battling him nonstop for a month, half of the League made little progress towards defeating Gigantomachia.
In Tomura's own terms, Gigantomachia possesses "too much HP" which the behemoth villain abuses to exhaust his opponents into submission. Gigantomachia's body is extremely resilient, being able to manage the incredible strain of holding multiple quirks even without having his body modified, being one of the few people in the world capable of this. Come March, Gigantomachia was even able to take on the heroes who went to fight. When going all out, he was able to overpower them and managed to kill a few heroes including Majestic a hero who would have been in the top ten.
- Immense Strength: Befitting his massive size and build, Gigantomachia has immense physical strength, easily cracking the side of a concrete building with his grip alone. During his confrontation with Gran Torino, Gigantomachia proved to be able to create an enormous hole in a mountainside, causing the hero to deem him "a walking disaster". With a simple hammerfist punch, he can strike the ground hard enough to pulverize the landscape around him and destroy nearby buildings. Using his tremendous brawn, Gigantomachia can pick up the equally gigantic Mt. Lady and toss her out of his way.
- Immense Speed: Despite his gargantuan bulk, Gigantomachia exhibits tremendous speed, enough to rip the trees out of the ground as he runs past them. He can run at least up to 100 kilometers (62.137 miles) per hour.
- Immense Durability: Beseeming his muscular physique, Gigantomachia's body and skin are extraordinarily thick, taking virtually no damage from attacks. While he was unscathed from the League of Villains' consecutive onslaughts, Gigantomachia displayed minor annoyance at being bathed in Dabi's fire. Gigantomachia could fight his way through a large quantity of the Meta Liberation Army unharmed in spite of being flanked from all sides.
- Immense Stamina: Gigantomachia can imitate continuous assaults for a full 48 hours and 44 minutes without rest. But he can resume his onrushes after getting only three hours of sleep. Even after being subjected to a powerful sedative, he was able to remain at full power for quite some time. The sedative only started to take effect after he exhausted himself fighting his way through numerous Pro Heroes.
- Enhanced Senses: Gigantomachia has highly developed senses of hearing and smell. His senses are potent to where he cannot be caught by surprise, even whilst he slumbers. Gigantomachia's olfactory perception is powerful enough to locate Tomura from miles away.
- Size Enhancement: Gigantomachia's chassis grows in battle as he fights, allowing him to eventually reach mastodonic proportions wherein he can fit an entire adult man within his hands and tower over buildings. He can grow to be at least 25 meters in height.
- Enhanced Breath: Due to Gigantomachia's increased size and strength, a single breath is enough to blow back several U.A. students and cause severe environmental damage.
Gigantomachia's only known weakness is that he can hardly think for himself. He requires orders from his master in order to carry out a task. The only known task that he can accomplish without being ordered is to come to his master's aid.
- Endurance (
耐 久Taikyū?): Gigantomachia's original Quirk allows him to convert his morale into physical energy and stamina.
- Pain Blocker (
痛 覚 遮 断Tsūkaku Shadan?): Gigantomachia's second Quirk makes him unable to detect any pain.
- Gigantification (
巨 大 化Kyodai-ka?): Gigantomachia's third Quirk allows him to grow to gigantic sizes the more he is agitated or excited. Another incarnation of this Quirk is used by Yu Takeyama.
- Dog (
犬Inu?): Gigantomachia's fourth Quirk provides him with heightened senses of smell and hearing, similar to that of a dog's. Another incarnation of this Quirk is used by Ryo Inui.
- Energy Saver (エネルギー
効 率Enerugī Kōritsu?): Gigantomachia's fifth Quirk allows his body to function on very small amounts of nutrition and hydration, allowing him to process without much sleep.
- Fierce Gains (
剛 筋Gōkin?): Gigantomachia's sixth Quirk allows his muscles to harden to exceptional levels.
- Mole (
土竜Mogura?): Gigantomachia's seventh Quirk allows him to grow mole-like claws from his fingers, spines on his back, and a visor to shield his face, to help him dig through the Earth, as well as tear through obstacles, such as buildings. All For One gave him this Quirk with the purpose to hide underground.
Battles & Events
|Battles & Events|
- His name is a reference to the battle between the Giants and the Olympian gods of Greek mythology.
- Gigantomachia's English voice actor, Cris George, also voices Rikido Sato and Death Arms.
- The Nomu were modeled after Gigantomachia.
- Gigantomachia is tied with Izuku Midoriya and Nine for having the third most amount of Quirks, possessing seven, followed by in ascending order All For One and Tomura.
|League of Villains|
|Current Leader||Tomura Shigaraki|
|Recruits||Dabi • Himiko Toga • Magne • Moonfish • Mr. Compress • Muscular • Mustard • Spinner • Twice|
|Underlings||Axer • Berserker • Chomper • Dragon • Four-Armed Zealot • Giant Palm • Gorilla • Gravitational Spring • Greedy Gaping Jaw • Hanzo Suiden • Hard Head • Invisible Wall • Martial Hair • Minotaurus • Mummy • Muscle Man • Needle Hair • One-Eyed Green Dragon • Oxy-Man • Sharkyonara • Sharp Blade • Sickle Claw • Spike • Steel Bulwark • Stitched Giant • Tesla • Thousand Eyes • Varanus • Victor • Yashamaru|
|Standard Nomu||U.S.J Nomu • Hosu Nomus • Chainsaw Nomu • Johnny|
|High-End Nomu||Chubs • Eleph • Hood • Ribby • Robot • Woman • Six Unnamed|
|Associates||Giran • Nine|
|Original Members||All For One • Kyudai Garaki • Gigantomachia • Nomu • Kurogiri|
|Locations||Haibori Woods • Jaku General Hospital • League of Villains Bar • Nomu Factory|
|Paranormal Liberation Front|
|Grand Commander||Tomura Shigaraki|
|Lieutenants||Dabi • Geten • Himiko Toga • Mr. Compress • Re-Destro • Skeptic • Spinner • Trumpet • Twice|
|Other Members||Kyudai Garaki|
|Nomu||Lower Tier (Mocha • Johnny) • Near High-Ends • High Ends (Chubs • Eleph • Ribby • Robot • Woman • Six Unnamed)|
|Associates||All For One • Cider House • Dictator • Ending • Giran • Hawks • Overhaul • Lady Nagant • Moonfish • Muscular • Starservant|
|Locations||Gunga Mountain Villa • Jaku General Hospital|