Katsuki positions his hands in his opposing direction and emits explosions that propel him quickly forward. This technique generated enough speed for Katsuki to finish a 50-meter dash in just 4.13 seconds. He often uses this move to maneuver himself through the air, granting him a pseudo form of flight. Katsuki used this move again during the U.A. Sports Festival Arc during the Cavalry Battle combined with Hanta Sero's Tape and Mina Ashido's Acid to enhance the explosive propelling that gave Team Bakugo a huge burst of speed in order to catch up to Team Monoma and break pass Kosei Tsuburaba's Solid Air in order to take back their stolen headbands. During the First Term Final Exam Katsuki would use this move attack All Might but bumped into Izuku, later Katsuki would use this move to get away from All Might after Izuku blasted him after letting him borrow his Grenadier Bracers to get to the escape gate. Katsuki would later use a turbo version of this move during the Class 1-A Swimming Competition to get to first place in the first round.
- Explosive Speed is featured as a technique for Katsuki in Jump Force.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 6 and Episode 5.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 25 and Episode 16.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 30 and Episode 18.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 62 and Episode 37.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 65 and Episode 37.
- My Hero Academia Anime: Episode 39.