I… was thinking… about you guys… and how you saved me… You two and everyone else… I wanna be your friend.Eri to Izuku Midoriya and Mirio Togata in "With Eri"
Eri is a small girl with bluish, off-white hair, messy and unkempt, which is parted in the middle of her forehead, almost reaching down to her waist. She has very wide, innocent-looking eyes, which are bright red in color. Poking out from the right side of her forehead is a small, brown horn, which grows larger when her Quirk is activated.
In her first appearance, she's wearing a plain, short-sleeved dress, which is a dirty, pale tan color. Bandages are wrapped around both her arms and legs, stopping at her wrists and ankles, underneath which she is shown to have numerous scars.
After she's taken in by U.A., Eri's outfit is changed to a white dress shirt with a frilled collar and a plain red pinafore with two large, golden buttons on either side of her chest. Under this, she wears gray tights and a large set of tan boots, and a small dark red messenger bag with the strap sitting over her right shoulder, and a little floral pattern decorating one of its sides. Her hair also looks to be better cared for, appearing straighter and neater than it was during her time with the Shie Hassaikai.
Because her mother disowned her after she accidentally made her father disappear with her Quirk and the experiments she was subjected to by Kai Chisaki, Eri became a fearful and secluded girl, without anyone showing affection to her in her life. Apparently, Izuku Midoriya's touch was the first time she ever felt kindness, which overwhelmed Eri and brought tears to her eyes. When murderous intentions are directed towards her, she neither screams nor cries but simply remains silent in knowing that she has no choice but to accept whatever will happen to her. Although Eri's attempts at resisting and escaping her abuse slowly diminished, she still made numerous attempts to escape her captors, despite knowing nobody she could turn to.
Eri is, however, willing to let herself go with Kai in order to protect those who help her, as she feels guilt over other people getting hurt in order to rescue her. This is a result of Kai manipulating Eri into believing that her existence and Quirk are only meant to harm others. As such, Eri feels strong and horrible guilt and does not want other people to die because of her.
Unfortunately, after her rescue, Eri still psychologically suffered from Kai's influence, as she was unable to smile due to having no experience of being happy. However, this changed, thanks to the events of the U.A. School Festival, where Eri finally smiled for the first time and expressed her joy at Class 1-A's band performance. Following this event, Eri becomes more cheerful around those she is familiar with and slowly accustoms to her new life at U.A..
At first, Eri still felt negative about her Quirk and was apologetic to her carers at U.A. when believing that it was causing them trouble. After Izuku encouraged her that Rewind could also be used for good, however, Eri develops a more positive outlook both in general and in regards to her power. This improvement is later shown when she is able to restore Mirio's Permeation, telling the latter not to be sorry, and that she had been training Rewind to bring his power back as a means of thanking him while tearing up in happiness.
Due to her previous upbringing and isolation, Eri is still rather unfamiliar with many regular concepts and day-to-day things. This includes holidays, as she mixed up Halloween, Setsubun and Easter with Christmas.
The source of her Quirk's power is located in the horn on her head, and the size of the horn dictates the strength of her power. It is also an accumulation-type Quirk, which means the power it emits has to build up over a period of time before becoming usable.
As a result of her Quirk mutating her body, Eri's blood is able to attack an individual's Quirk and stop its activation by reversing the target's evolution before the point of the Quirk phenomenon.
It was suggested by Eraser Head that her Quirk can even rewind the bodies of those who have lost their Quirks and restore them. However, Eraser Head said that the Quirk only works on people, not on things, which means that it's not something that can be easily trained. This also means Eri cannot use her Quirk on time as it is not a living thing.
Two months prior to the raid on the Paranormal Liberation Front Eri trained her Quirk on small bugs and lizards using small ounces of energy. She was eventually able to restore the Permeation Quirk of Mirio Togata the day before.
Battles & Events
|Battles & Events|
- Eri's name is composed of two characters: "break" (壊 e?) and "reason, logic" (理 ri?).
- Putting the two characters together can translate as "destruction", noting how her Quirk was used to make Quirk-Destroying Drugs and how it can potentially destroy living things by rewinding them out of existence. Her name also alludes to how her Quirk "breaks logic" by its very nature, being referred to as a mutation since it does not resemble any Quirk from either side of her family and very few people understand how it works.
- Eri's favorite fruit are apples.
- Eri's English voice actress, Emily Neves, also voices Sirius.
- Eri has many similarities with Tomura Shigaraki as a child:
- Both of them have light blue/white hair and red eyes.
- Both children manifested unique and dangerous Quirks that ended up killing their relatives, Eri's father and Tomura's entire family.
- Both had caring grandparents and conversely; Eri's maternal grandfather was a Yakuza boss, while Tomura's paternal grandmother was a Pro Hero.
- Both children were abused, Eri by her foster father, Kai, and Tomura by his actual father, Kotaro Shimura.
- Both Eri and Tomura were taken in by villains, Overhaul and All For One respectively. The only difference is that Eri was subjected to torture at the hands of Overhaul and was eventually rescued by a hero. While All For One treated Tomura with care, albeit for his own motives, and raised him to become a murderous villain himself.
- Additionally, both Overhaul and All For One are responsible for getting rid of their grandparents; with Overhaul having forced Eri's grandfather into a coma, while All For One killed Tomura's grandmother in battle.
|Families and Civilians|
|Asui Family||Ganma Asui • Beru Asui • Tsuyu Asui • Samidare Asui • Satsuki Asui|
|Bakugo Family||Masaru Bakugo • Mitsuki Bakugo • Katsuki Bakugo|
|Ida Family||Tensei Ida • Tenya Ida|
|Jiro Family||Kyotoku Jiro • Mika Jiro • Kyoka Jiro|
|Midoriya Family||Hisashi Midoriya • Inko Midoriya • Izuku Midoriya|
|Shimano Family||Mahoro Shimano • Katsuma Shimano|
|Shigaraki Family||All For One • Yoichi Shigaraki • Tomura Shigaraki|
|Shimura Family||Mako • Chizuo • Nana Shimura • Kotaro Shimura • Nao Shimura • Hana Shimura • Tenko Shimura|
|Takami Family||Tomie Takami • Keigo Takami|
|Todoroki Family||Enji Todoroki • Rei Todoroki • Toya Todoroki • Fuyumi Todoroki • Natsuo Todoroki • Shoto Todoroki|
|Tsukauchi Family||Naomasa Tsukauchi • Makoto Tsukauchi|
|Shield Family||David Shield • Melissa Shield|
|Soul Family||Eddie Soul • Rody Soul • Roro Soul • Lala Soul|
|Haimawari Family||Shoko Haimawari • Koichi Haimawari|
|Oguro Family||Iwao Oguro • Tamao Oguro|
|Skyline Family||Christopher Skyline • Pamela|
|Civilians||Aorio Kuraishisu • Daikaku Miyagi • Eri • Gantetsu • Hikage Shinomori • Hime • Ichimoku Samazu • Ikkaku • Jube Namimaru • Komari Ikoma • Kota Izumi • Luminescent Baby • Miyashita • Moko Tamashi • Public Safety Commission President • Rin Yaritezawa • Saito • Samuel Abraham • Sho • Takuto • Tamashiro • Taneo Tokuda • Teruo Hazukashi • The Mother of Quirks • Tsubasa • Untenmaru Kurumada • Yokumiru Mera|