Detroit Smash is All Might's signature move that Izuku later mimics after inheriting One For All. The move is a simple punch focusing One For All's stockpiling power into the fist. All Might's punches at 100% are capable of creating wind pressure so powerful it can change the weather.
All Might first used this technique to save Izuku and Katsuki from the Sludge Villain. Izuku first used this technique at 100% in the Battle Trial before dialing it down to 5% against Stain. And Izuku would later use this again during the Forest Training Camp Arc while training with Tiger. Katsuki first used this technique in conjunction with Izuku creating a beam to dispel a thunderstorm created by Nine.
All Might back at his time studying abroad in America, has been seen using this move as a straight forward punch, when he was in mid-air to creating wind pressure that redirect missiles to make them collide with each other.
- The attack refers to the city of Detroit, which is located in Michigan, USA .
- Detroit Smash is featured as a technique for Izuku and Toshinori in Jump Force.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 1 and Episode 2.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 10 and Episode 7.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 52 and Episode 29.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 72 and Episode 41.
- My Hero Academia: Heroes: Rising.
- My Hero Academia: Two Heroes.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 75 and Episode 42.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 76 and Episode 42.