This article is about the character. For this character's Quirk, see Chimera (Quirk).
Chojuro is an animalistic-looking man with traits of different animals. While he retains a humanoid figure, he has blue fur, a wolf-like head, hands and feet resembling an eagle's talons and a long reptilian tail. He wears a brown trenchcoat over a blue dress shirt and jeans fastened with a belt, and often has a cigar in his mouth. He styles his dark hair into dreadlocks.
When he unleashes the full power of his Quirk, Chojuro enlarges his animal features to larger proportions, increasing both in size and muscle mass. Horns grow on his head, as well as numerous feathers on his forearms. Most of his clothing end up torn apart due the transformation.
Chojuro holds a deep hatred against society since he was ostracized due to his animal-like appearance. After being saved by Nine, he chose to serve under him in the hopes of creating a new society that would be determined by power.
Despite the treatment Chojuro himself had received in the past, he does, however, show a hypocritical side such as when he disparages Mezo for his monstrous appearance.
Overall Abilities: Chojuro is an incredibly formidable force to be reckoned with, and like everyone else Nine's group, he is powerful enough to take on multiple opponents by himself. Chojuro greatly excels in hand-to-hand combat, and can overpower many opponents who face him head-on. He is exceptionally dangerous since his combat abilities are amplified by the tremendous physical strength granted by his Chimera Quirk. Chojuro can also surprise his opponents with his breath of fire, which he primarily employs to counter his opponents' long-range attacks. And while he is part of a quartet of powerful villains, Chojuro's overall abilities render him the second strongest of his team, being only surpassed by Nine.
In the past, Chojuro was faced with an entire group of Pro Heroes, and defeated them all, singlehandedly. When Nine's team arrived on Nabu Island, Chojuro destroyed a communications tower before facing several U.A. High School students at a nearby beach. First, he easily neutralized the attacks of Mashirao Ojiro and Fumikage Tokoyami, two very experienced fighters. After Fumikage left and returned with reinforcements, Chojuro succeeded in viciously defeating Mashirao, as well as Mezo Shoji. But as he overpowered Mezo, Chojuro was briefly stunned by Tenya Ida's powerful kick, leaving the canine-faced villain open to being immobilized by Shoto Todoroki and Hanta Sero, and confronted by a Sugar Rush-empowered Rikido Sato. Unfortunately for the new arrivals, Chojuro broke free from his restraints, repelled Rikido into a horde of rocks, diffused Shoto's ice attacks, and defeated Hanta. Chojuro's prowess and adaptability left the remaining trio, Shoto, Fumikage, and Tenya, awestruck, leaving them with the option of keeping Chojuro at bay if they couldn't defeat him.
Chojuro continued to outmatch the last-standing trinity of heroes, and easily negated their combined assailments. This drawn-out, one-sided confrontation was finally cut short when Chojuro saw a flare fired by Kiruka Hasaki, signaling him to retreat for the day. After the battle, Tenya stated that if outnumbering Chojuro was ineffective, then facing him in a one-on-one battle is even more pointless.
The next day, Chojuro and his remaining teammates, Nine and Kiruka, were separated by Yuga Aoyama's "Can't Stop Twinkling: Supernova" and Momo Yaoyorozu's cannon assault, causing him to land at the bottom of a waterfall where was ambushed by, not only Shoto and Tenya, but also Eijiro Kirishima and Tsuyu Asui. Chojuro fended off the consecutive onrushes of Tenya and Eijiro, while offsetting Shoto's fire and ice abilities with brute force. The initial onslaught was then revealed to be a ruse set up by the 4 students in an effort to paralyze Chojuro with Tsuyu's paralysis-inducing mucous, causing him to slowly become immobile. Subsequently however, Chojuro took them by surprise when he unleashed the full power of his Quirk, not only nullifying the toxin's effects, but making Chojuro even more monstrous, in both appearance and power, compared to the start of the bout. His inflated power efficaciously forced the hero quartet on the defensive, and into hiding, all while the augmented villain began destroying much of the surrounding area with his heightened fire-breathing. The duel reached its climax when Chojuro attempted to barrage Tenya with fireballs, and blasted a fully-hardened Eijiro at point-blank range as his pyric exhalation became exhausted, giving Shoto an opportunity to mount the villain. Chojuro tried to shrug off the heterochromic, but his movements were stymied by Tsuyu and Tenya, allowing Shoto to freeze him from the inside out, into a hibernation-like state, ultimately defeating the behemoth.
Chimera (キメラ Kimera?): Chojuro's Quirk grants him the characteristics of various animals. He can also enlarge his animal traits to monstrous proportions, granting him a tremendous boost in strength and durability.
- Immense Strength: Chojuro possesses immense physical strength that allows him to create powerful shockwaves with his punches and arm movements, as well as destroy the ground with a single stomp. He was able to easily overpower multiple members of Class 1-A at once, including powerful students such as Shoto and Fumikage, with brute strength alone.
- Immense Speed: Despite his large bulk, Chojuro possesses impressive speed, being able to react to Tenya's high-speed attacks and swiftly overwhelm several of the Class 1-A students.
- Immense Durability: Chojuro was able to withstand and repel various types of attacks while sustaining no visible signs of damage. In his powered-up form, he was able to block a kick powered by Tenya's Recipro Turbo using only his tail. After being frozen from the inside out by Shoto, he survived with minimal injury.
- Immense Stamina: During his first battle on Nabu Island, Chojuro was able to fight at a consistent pace, despite being faced with an endless barrage of attacks, and still had enough energy to escape afterward. Even after he started to become immobilized in his second battle, Chojuro was still capable of fighting against four members of Class 1-A simultaneously.
- Flame Breath: Chojuro is able to produce powerful flames from his mouth, which are shown to be able to easily overpower Shoto Todoroki's ice. This ability is greatly amplified when Chojuro uses his full power, becoming akin to laser powerful enough to cut through mountains and set entire forests ablaze.
- Chojuro's given name contains the kanji for "bird" (鳥?), "beast" (獣?), "man" (郎?), and "now" (今?).
- Chojuro's villain name, Quirk, and appearance are based on the Chimera of Greek mythology, a monster resembling a hybrid between different animals (a lion, a snake and a goat, in some versions a dragon too). His final defeat even echoes that of the mythologycal creature as the hero Bellerophon managed to kill the Chimera by forcing a lump of lead down her throat just like Shoto defeated him by forcing ice down his throat.
- Chojuro shares his birthday with Mr. Plastic.
- My Hero Academia Manga: Volume Rising.