Barrier allows Hekiji to create a telekinetic barrier around him, in the shape of a dome.
Fat Gum equates punching Hekiji's barrier to punching a steel wall. This Quirk can also be projected around the radius of Hekiji's choosing, as he is able to cover both himself and Kendo Rappa at one point, and only himself at another, indicating he has a degree of control over the size of the barriers he creates. It is unknown if the size of the barrier affects the durability of the Quirk.
Barrier is exclusively used for defense, meaning it cannot be applied offensively.
Hekiji is always at the center of the Quirk, meaning that he cannot project barriers around anything that is not within his range.
- My Hero Academia: Ultra Analysis: The Official Character Guide.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 142 (p. 16) and Episode 72.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 143 (p. 2) and Episode 72.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 145 (p. 10-11) and Episode 72.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 146 (p. 7) and Episode 73.