Barrier allows Hekiji to create a telekinetic barrier around him, in the shape of a dome.
Fat Gum equates punching Hekiji's barrier to punching a steel wall. This Quirk can also be projected around the radius of Hekiji's choosing, as he is able to cover both himself and Kendo Rappa at one point, and only himself at another, indicating he has a degree of control over the size of the barriers he creates. It is unknown if the size of the barrier affects the durability of the Quirk.
Barrier is exclusively used for defense, meaning it cannot be applied offensively.
Hekiji is always at the center of the Quirk, meaning that he cannot project barriers around anything that is not within his range.
- My Hero Academia Official Character Book 2 Ultra Analysis.
- My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 142 (p. 16).
- My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 143 (p. 2).
- My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 145 (p. 10-11).
- My Hero Academia Manga: Chapter 146 (p. 7).