This article is about the character. For this character's Quirk, see All For One (Quirk).
All For One (オール・フォー・ワン Ōru Fō Wan?), real name Shigaraki (
Once Japan's most powerful villain and All Might's arch-nemesis, his true motives are unclear and his true identity is unknown. His current goal is to raise Tomura to become his eventual successor.
He was imprisoned in Tartarus, until he escaped.
After being mortally injured by All Might years ago, All For One's face seems to be made entirely of scar tissue, extending from above his upper lip and covering his entire head and the back of his neck. As such, he has no visible nose, ears, hair or eyes, though the outlines of eye sockets can be seen. As a result of having no eyes, he cannot see properly, but “sees” by using an infrared vision Quirk and by sensing the directions of vibrations in the area around him, similar to echolocation. He has various tubes sticking out of his neck and jaw, presumably to help him with his breathing. There are small holes in the palms of his hands.
In flashbacks, he appears to have been an ordinary-looking man with short white hair. However, his face is not shown clearly. In later chapters, he is shown to be a man of strong, imposing features, although his eyes are shadowed. In another flashback, his face is shadowed, although one can make out his distinct features; he appears to have light-colored eyes and a cruel smile.
He has worn a plain, black suit in all of his appearances to date.
When All For One leaves his secret hideout, he wears a navy blue, skull-like gas mask with angular pipes at the top, a wide collar-like life-support system around his neck with multiple other pipes connecting the front and back.
All For One is a megalomaniac and an expedient psychopath. His brother gave insights on his personality to Izuku Midoriya in a dream. While All For One did use his powers to help people, it was done with ulterior motives and he asked for their aid in exchange for his help. Those who resisted his will were purged. Aware of the feud between civilians and Quirk users, All For One encouraged it to acquire more Quirks and supporters. All For One committed all these crimes, claiming he was bringing order to the world. All For One did care for his younger brother, albeit in a condescending manner. He has the belief that without power, one cannot assert his ideals, and he does not believe in justice or morality, claiming that they do not conform to reality.
All For One was so attached to his power and status that he despises All Might for taking them away from him.
Perhaps due to his confidence and immense power, he has a calm and condescending demeanor, confident even when thwarted. All For One prefers to use forceful actions rather than emotional words.
All For One believes that his protégé, Tomura Shigaraki, has the ideal conditions to succeed him and continue his legacy. Still, All For One is aware of Tomura's general immaturity and tries to teach him how to grow as a Villain, although, unlike All Might, his methods of teaching are indirect. He speaks kindly towards Tomura and gives him encouragement when he fails.
All For One came off as quite impatient, as he wanted to get rid of the Pro Heroes and Police Force attacking the League of Villains as soon as possible. However, it is also possible that his body has a limit and he only wanted to do what he had to before the limit was reached.
All For One was shown to be quite self-absorbed and obsessed with his powers as he himself stated that he is unable to resist taking a Quirk once it piques his interest, much like a hoarder, even if he never truly had any real necessity for such a Quirk, to begin with. He claims that he wanted to return some Quirks to their rightful owners, but follows up saying that a Quirk has to be used whenever possible and sooner rather than later. He particularly enjoyed being able to mix his different stolen Quirks to create powerful combo attacks, and despite being already massively powerful even in his decayed stated, he still wanted to stock up in multiple Quirks.
All For One possesses a wrathful and vengeful side of him, particularly loathing All Might for taking away his power and status in their first fight. He is also a firm believer in the hatred of the heart, believing it to be a very strong source of power. When mentoring Tomura, All For One gave him the hands of his deceased relatives as a way for the negative feelings in his heart can always remain close. When encountering the previous wills of One For All in the mental world, the vestige of All For One was not troubled when Tomura started to loathe him, stating that this hatred was only more fitting for the Symbol of Fear.
Despite his power and authority, All For One is respectful with his subordinates and associates being generally polite rather than patronizing, although this can be construed as a means to maintain his status.
Appearing calm and collected most of the time, All For One possesses a deep-seated obsession with obtaining One For All that borders on the pathological. During his duel with the previous One For All users in the Quirk's ancient core, he displayed a need to control not only his brother's legacy Quirk, but all Quirks in general. His inability to claim it in the past over and over again appears to be a particularly sore point for him.
In spite of his many horrendous crimes, it is interesting to note that when explaining the consciousnesses imbedded into quirks and the dreams of people whose quirks he's stolen, he states that such episodes leave him discouraged: this implies that he can be capable of feeling some semblance of remorse, though he quickly scoffs at the idea of being able to feel remorse for his sins like a regular person, signifying his massive egomania and belief that he is above all other humans.
Overall Abilities: All For One is a tremendously powerful villain; being the former leader of the League of Villains, revered as Japan's most powerful villain, living since the manifestation of Quirks, and having stolen Quirks from an innumerable amount of people, All For One has immense experience and power. For combat, All For One prefers to combine many of the Quirks he has collected throughout his long life (he lived for more than 100 years due to the Life Force Quirk he was given) in order to maximize their power and effectiveness, often to truly catastrophic levels. In addition, due to his enormous array of Quirks, he can switch between various powers in the midst of battle, making All For One unpredictable, and all the more dangerous. Since he has no qualms with killing, he doesn't hold back in fights, and will even target defenseless people, using them as a distraction to his advantage. All For One's incredible prowess and destructive nature earned him the epithet, "Symbol of Evil".
The only individuals that can effectively oppose the Symbol of Evil are the inheritors of One For All, a Quirk All For One inadvertently created himself, and the only Quirk he can't steal. All For One battled each of the One For All users, and while they held their own against him, with each new user being stronger than their predecessors, the Symbol of Evil still bested each of them, and in most cases, killed them. During his fight with Nana Shimura, All For One unleashed a powerful blast which annihilated the entire city they were fighting in. All For One eventually battled All Might when the latter was in his prime and gave him a grievous wound (which would limit All Might's usage of One For All), but the Symbol of Evil was still defeated by the Symbol of Peace, while evading imprisonment.
6 years later, even after losing his eyes, ears, and nose to All Might, as well as his body being damaged to an unknown extent, and relying almost exclusively on his remaining senses, All For One displayed that, even when physically impaired, he is still extremely lethal. All For One displayed enough power to effortlessly defeat and repel heroes like Endeavor, Best Jeanist, Edgeshot and Mt. Lady. All For One's presence was shown to be so malicious and dark that it left Izuku, Tenya, Momo, Shoto and Eijiro completely paralyzed with fear, despite the group already having been in life or death situations and having been face to face with lethal villains such as Muscular and Stain.
With his ultimate Quirk combination, coupled with All Might's weakened form and waning power, All For One was confident that he could finally kill All Might. And while he nearly succeeded in doing so, All For One was briefly outsmarted by All Might and found himself unexpectedly overwhelmed by All Might's heroic spirit and willpower that allowed him to defeat All For One, once and for all.
- Immense Strength: All For One is extremely strong, being able to easily fend off All Might with his bare hands, especially since All Might has physical strength that was thought to be unrivaled. In his prime, he was able to effortlessly overpower pre-Nomu Hood, though he's been weakened from his battle with O'Clock and his allies.
- Immense Speed: All For One has incredible speed, as shown when he completely destroyed the League of Villains' warehouse, defeated all the Pro Heroes that were there, and dealt significant damage to the surrounding area in a split second. He was also fast enough to react to All Might's punches.
- Immense Durability: All For One possesses an inhuman amount of durability and resilience. Despite being in a decayed state with severe injuries, the Symbol of Evil could trade blows with All Might evenly, and unlike the latter, during the entirety of their second battle, he was never seen flinching or otherwise screaming from pain, proving that he could withstand the Symbol of Peace's destructive blows with monstrous endurance. As further proof of this, he was able to survive All Might's United States of Smash, though he was still knocked out.
- Enhanced Senses: Due to All For One being blind, his hearing improved immensely, as he is able to perceive his surroundings by sound. He can also sense vibrations in the air. An example of this was displayed when All For One quickly dispelled a flame attack from Endeavor, who had arrived in the scene with Edgeshot. However, this ability does have its limits, which is shown when he is placed in Tartarus: the lack of sound and vibrations leaves him completely blind to his surroundings.
Genius Intellect: All For One possesses a genius level of intellect, most likely due to his advanced age and life experience. He is the true mastermind behind the League of Villains and has been pulling the strings the whole time. He also seems to possess a vast knowledge of the Quirks he's stolen, as shown when he knew about the advantages and disadvantages of his Warping Quirk, despite recently acquiring it. Using this extensive knowledge of Quirks in tandem with his own All For One Quirk, he can combine several Quirks to create devastating and catastrophic techniques, and even knows how to adjust the power of his combination Quirk attacks in order to blindside his opponents, and deceive them into believing that the Symbol of Evil is using his full power.
It's possible that his intelligence and observation skills increased due to stealing Ragdoll's Search Quirk, which allows the user to observe people's weak points, coupled with All for One's already impressive knowledge and fighting experience. After he dispatched the Hideout Raid team members that were present at the Nomu Factory, All For One discerned that Best Jeanist's mastery over his own Quirk, Fiber Master, involved experience and training; after correctly speculating that Fiber Master requires much refinement, All For One expressed his disinterest in taking the Quirk from Best Jeanist. When All Might arrived to battle All For One a second time, the latter calculated that 30 seconds had passed since warping several Nomus from the destroyed Nomu Factory to the Villain Hideout that was 5 kilometers away. With this calculation, All For One deduced that All Might has gotten weaker in the 6 years that elapsed since their last encounter.
Another terrifying aspect All For One's intelligence is his expertise in guerrilla warfare. While he was pinned down by All Might, All For One mentioned Nana Shimura, the Symbol of Peace's previous mentor. He continued to taunt All Might by calling Nana a pathetic hero with ideals which she couldn’t live up to, and brought up the fact the Symbol of Evil himself had killed her, resulting in a provoked All Might striking All For One in anger. Afterward, knowing that their battle was being televised, All For One decided to weaken All Might so that his true form will be exposed, all in an attempt to decrease the moral of All Might's supporters, and deprive the Symbol of Peace of his self-respect. He even went as far as to reveal Tomura Shigaraki as the grandson of Nana. This fact caused All Might to greatly despair over the fact he had been unknowingly battling his master's descendant. All For One elaborated on Tomura's kinship to Nana being part of the reason as to why he chose him as his successor, all so the Symbol of Evil can break All Might's spirit.
Soon after, All Might mustered the last of his power, and All For One surmised that the weakened hero could only unleash 2 or 3 more powerful punches before he is completely out of power. And once All For One and All Might reached the climax of their battle, the former came to he revelation that, while the two were exchanging blows, One For All no longer dwelled within All Might, and the latter was battling with the remaining embers of the said power; All Might was struggling to maintain what little power he had left in order to regain the strength he once had. At the same time, All For One realized that Izuku Midoriya is the new inheritor of One For All that All Might had chosen. In the aftermath of the Kamino Incident, it was revealed that All For One foresaw the possibility of his defeat at the hands of All Might, and knew if that were to happen, he would be unable to transfer his All For One Quirk onto Tomura as planned. To ensure the inheritance of his power was fulfilled, the Symbol of Evil, prior to resurfacing, had his Quirk replicated by his physician, Kyudai Garaki, leaving All For One with the copied variant, and Tomura with the original variant.
When attacking Tartarus with his army of High-End Nomu, All For One was able to overcome the prison's nearly impenetrable defenses through a coordinated attack from the outside and inside. While he fought the prison from the outside, his main body unleashed a powerful EMP attack that short-circuited all the electronics and gave the captive villains the chance to break free from their cells, and thanks to All For One's planning, he managed to break free all the prisoners of Tartarus, including his original body.
All For One (オール・フォー・ワン Ōru Fō Wan?) (Duplicate): All For One's Quirk allows him to steal other people's Quirks and use them as his own. He can combine his stolen Quirks to create compound attacks with devastating effects. All For One can also redistribute his stolen Quirks to other people.
Some time ago, his Quirk was duplicated by Doctor Garaki and the original version of it was given to Tomura Shigaraki, with All For One keeping the copied version.
All For One has stolen a wide variety of Quirks with his ability, including:
- Search (サーチ Sāchi?): All For One stole this Quirk from Ragdoll. With this Quirk, he can observe and monitor up to 100 people at a time, including their location and weak points. In addition to Infrared, this quirk makes up for All for One's blindness.
- Warping (
転 送Tensō?): All For One can produce a black liquid that acts as a portal, similar in nature to Kurogiri's Warp Gate. It appears All For One can use this Quirk on a large scale as he produces multiple black liquid portals that transport dozens of Nomu to the League of Villains' hideout. This Quirk, however, has many limitations: it is not a coordinate-based warping and can only warp things to and from his location, and it only works if it is used on someone with whom he has a close relationship.
- Air Cannon (
空 気を 押し 出す Kūki o Oshidasu?): All For One releases an air shockwave from his arms. This Quirk is further strengthened by its combined usage with Springlike Limbs and several other power-up Quirks.
- Springlike Limbs (
筋 骨 発 条 化Kinkotsu Baneka?): This Quirk allows All For One to cock his muscles in order to enhance his physical strength, and can also be used to augment other Quirks, like Air Cannon.
- Kinetic Booster (
瞬 発 力Shunpatsuryoku?): This unnamed Quirk seemingly increases the amount of kinetic energy All For One creates and releases. All For One has four copies of this Quirk.
- Strength Enhancer (
膂 力 増 強Ryoryoku Zōkyō?): The unnamed Quirk seemingly enhances All For One's physical strength. All For One has three copies of this Quirk.
- Rivet Stab: All For One transforms his fingers into black tendrils that have red prominent cracked lines that extend from the users' fingers, although they can also emerge from other parts of the body such as the spine. These appendages can easily pierce bodies, however, the user may choose whether to wound the target or not, as seen when All For One used it with Forced Quirk Activation, without harming the target.
- Forced Quirk Activation (
個 性 強 制 発 動Kosei Kyōsei Hatsudō?): All For One can activate target's Quirk against their will, whether they are conscious or not. All For One has used this Quirk in combination with Rivet Stab.
- Impact Recoil (
衝 撃 反 転Shōgeki Hanten?): This Quirk seemingly enables All For One to completely reflect the impact of an attack back to the attacker.
- Infrared (
赤 外 線Sekigaisen?): This Quirk allows All For One to sense his surroundings using infrared senses. He uses this Quirk to compensate for his blindness. However, the amount that he is able to sense is very limited.
- Air Walk (エアウォーク Eawōku?): All For One is capable of levitating in mid-air.
- Multiplier (
増 殖Zōshoku?): This Quirk seemingly multiplies the number of All For One's arms.
- Hypertrophy (
肥 大 化Hidaika?): This Quirk seemingly enlarges All For One's Arm.
- Rivet (
鋲Byō?): This Quirk possibly generates rivet-like growths on All For One's arm.
- Spearlike Bones (
槍 骨Sōkotsu?): This Quirk probably generates drill-like bone structures on All For One's arm.
- Life Force (
摂 生Sessei?): All For One possesses supernatural longevity through the usage of this Quirk given to him by Doctor Garaki. Eight generations after his brother passed on One For All, he remains active and dangerous.
- Super Regeneration (
超 再 生Chōsaisei?): This Quirk enables rapid physical regeneration, however, it does not work for cicatrized injuries.
- Unnamed Hardening Quirk: Stolen from a fighter in the Underground Masquerade.
- Unnamed Lighting Quirk: This quirk was shown to produce a surge of Black Lighting. The lighting is strong enough to blow up a warehouse in one go.
Quirks obtained via All For One and then passed onto others:
- Power Stockpiling: An unnamed Quirk which allowed All For One to stockpile power, he gave it to his younger brother, causing it to merge with his Quirk and create the quirk One For All.
- Muscle Augmentation (
筋 肉 増 強Kin'niku Zōkyō?): This Quirk was given to Wolfram, allowing him to augment the power of his muscles, changing his appearance.
- Overclock (オーバークロック Ōbākurokku?): This Quirk was stolen from Iwao Oguro and given to Number 6, allowing the latter to stimulate his brain's perception of information, granting him enhanced speed, reflexes, and an improvement to his healing factor.
- Transforming Arms (
変 容する 腕Hen'yō Suru Ude?): This Quirk was given to the Hooded Man.
- Several unnamed Quirks: All For One transferred several Quirks to fighters in the Underground Masquerade including: an Electrification-like power, beast-like traits, making the user turtle-like with a spiked shell and cannon on their back, granting the user wings in place of arms, giving the user arm-scythes, making the user wolf-like, a strength enhancer, and a reptilian transformation.
It is also possible that he possessed some, if not all, of the Quirks possessed by his Nomu.
- Ultimate Quirk Combination: All For One combines Springlike Limbs, four Kinetic Booster Quirks, three Strength Enhancer Quirks, Multiplier, Hypertrophy, Rivets, Air Walk, and Spearlike Bones to greatly enhance his right arm. This combination of Quirks is what All For One attempted to use in order to kill All Might. He even added Impact Recoil onto this combination to better his chances of defeating All Might.
Breathing Mask: All For One suffered serious damage in his battle against All Might and now has trouble breathing. He wears this mask to compensate.
Battles & Events
|Battles & Events|
|Battles & Events|
Vigilantes Chapter Appearances
- All For One's rankings in the Popularity Polls are as following:
- Ranked 49th in the 2nd Popularity Poll.
- Ranked 69th in the 4th Popularity Poll.
- Ranked 40th in the 5th Popularity Poll.
- All For One's black, ornate mask and life-support system were possibly inspired by the character of Darth Vader, the iconic antagonist of the first Star Wars trilogy and recurring element of the franchise as a whole.
- While the black skull like shape comes from the Batman villain Black Mask.
- All For One is one of the oldest known individual in the series, predating generations of users of One For All and their associates, such as the elderly Gran Torino, though it's unclear whether he's older than Doctor Garaki.
- All For One has the most Quirks in the series.
- All For One is a dark parallel to Toshinori Yagi.
- All For One had once been Japan's worst villain, just like All Might was Japan's greatest hero. This is further emphasized by All For One bearing the epithet "Symbol of Evil", contrasting with All Might's epithet "Symbol of Peace".
- Both also passed on their respective Quirks to their successors, with the intention of them improving their usage and taking up their former titles as the "Symbol of Peace" and "Symbol of Evil", though All For One still has his version of his quirk.
- All For One's relationship with Tomura Shigaraki is a dark mirror to All Might's relationship with Izuku Midoriya. Like All Might, All For One believes that Tomura Shigaraki will not only become a great successor of the League of Villains, but a great villain in general. He also acknowledges Tomura's childish nature, leaving room for him to teach him how to become a villain. He also shows a caring side for him, as he assured that Tomura will always be able to learn from his failures.
- Because of this, Tomura Shigaraki looks up to All For One as his ideal mentor and inspirational figure, like how Izuku Midoriya looks up to All Might.
- Despite his childlike behavior, it seems to be implied that All For One admires Tomura's personality in an odd way, similar to All Might's own admiration of Izuku Midoriya's personality. When he defeated Best Jeanist, he refuses to take away his Quirk, as he believes that "it wouldn't fit Tomura's personality".
- (To his doctor, Doctor Ujiko, in regards to Tomura Shigaraki) "I know that boy will rise to the occasion. He was born twisted. So enjoy it while you can, All Might... This transient peace of yours!"
- (To Tomura Shigaraki) "You've failed again, Tomura. But you mustn't lose heart. There will be more chances to set things right. That's why I've brought along your little band. And the boy... because you determined that he is an important pawn. So go and try again. That's what I'm here to help you to do. It's... all... for you."
- (To Nana Shimura) "Thank you truly, for this amusing farce."
- (To Tomura Shigaraki) "Heart is power, and the more fiercely he embraces that source in his heart, the more my consciousness takes hold in our little symbiotic relationship. Never let that hatred die, Tomura."
- (To himself) "Why do they assume tomorrow will come for them? No, I won't grant them a moment's rest. Because it's my turn now, and my turn will never end."
- (To the prisoners of Tartarus) "If it's freedom you desire, then submit to me, my brethren. And bear witness, by my side. This impending void era will give rise to a more perfect demon lord. This will be the story of how I became the greatest demon lord of all!"
|Independent||Stain • Giant Villain • Toxic Chainsaw • Habit Headgear • Sludge Villain • Gentle Criminal • La Brava • Oji Harima • Teruo Hazukashi • Innsmouth Crew (Innsmouth • Innsmouth's Siblings) • L.A. Villains • Street Thieves • Cider House • Creature Rejection Clan • Starservant • Ending|
|Paranormal Liberation Front|
|Grand Commander||Tomura Shigaraki|
|Lieutenants||Re-Destro • Trumpet • Twice • Dabi • Geten • Himiko Toga • Skeptic • Spinner • Mr. Compress|
|Other Members||Kyudai Garaki|
|Nomu||Johnny • Mocha • Woman|
|Associates||Giran • Hawks|
|League of Villains|
|Original Members||All For One • Nomu • Kyudai Garaki • Gigantomachia • Kurogiri • Tomura Shigaraki|
|Recruits||Dabi • Himiko Toga • Magne • Moonfish • Mr. Compress • Muscular • Mustard • Spinner • Twice|
|Standard Nomu||Nomu (U.S.J.) • Nomu (Hosu) • Nomu (Chainsaw) • Johnny|
|High-End Nomu||Hood • Woman|
|Leaders||Overhaul • Chronostasis • Mimic|
|Eight Bullets||Shin Nemoto • Rikiya Katsukame • Toya Setsuno • Yu Hojo • Soramitsu Tabe • Deidoro Sakaki • Kendo Rappa • Hekiji Tengai|
|Meta Liberation Army|
|Leaders of Current Group||Re-Destro • Curious • Trumpet • Skeptic|
|Other Members of Current Group||Geten • Slidin' Go|
|Team Reservoir Dogs|
|Members||Yellow • Red • Blue • Green|
|Members||Wolfram • Nobu • Daigo • Swordkil|
|Members||Nine • Slice • Chimera • Mummy|
|Independent||Cow Cowboy • Villain Bots • Three Sturm und Drang Brothers • Emperor Yotsuura • Ichiro Hotta • Jiro Hotta • Suicide Bomber • Mazinger Brothers • Robber Villain • Garvey|
|Members||Queen Bee (Kuin Hachisuka & Bee☆Pop) • Mario Kugutsu • Hina • Number 6|
|Instant Villains||Soga Kugizaki • Moyuru Tochi • Rapt Tokage • Akira Iwako • Teruo Unagisawa • Monster Cat • Junkie Villain|
|Next-Level Villains||Teruo Unagisawa • Kirihito Kamachi • Bat Villain • Octoid • Bombers|
|Abegawa Tenchu Kai|
|Members||Rojiya Yonenaga • Tetsu • Haruhisa • Soji|
|Team-Up Missions Series|
|Independent||Octopus Protection Association|
|Wild Villains||Bearhead • Curator • Zookeeper|
|Volcano Thieves||Volcano • Dusty Ash • Gust Boy|