Acid allows the user to create corrosive liquid from their skin, with it being naturally resistant to the acid they produce.
This Quirk alters Mina's skin pigment, resulting in it having a purple-pink coloration, but in spite of that, her acid itself seems to be gray. Acid can be generated in high quantities from any part of her skin, with Mina being capable of manipulating it to an extent.
Mina can produce acid that's strong enough to melt solid objects, including metal ones. This gives Mina an advantage against most adversaries, especially those who are overly reliant on easily-destroyable weapons and equipment, such as Yuga Aoyama's cape and belt.
Mina has a limit to how long she can keep producing acid, with her skin gradually losing its natural resistance to corrosion.
As part of her training, Mina constantly produced acid in order to increase her skin's durability, namely towards the corrosive properties of her Quirk.
Mina can control the levels of solubility and viscosity of her acid. By lowering solubility, she ensures that her Quirk doesn't become lethal against most living beings. And by raising viscosity, Mina is able to generate extremely slimy acid that acts as a protective barrier by gluing it to surfaces.
Mina is noted to be capable of burning entrance holes on surfaces, letting her infiltrate secure locations. Similarly, she is able to melt spots on a wall with her acid-generating limbs in order to facilitate climbing. For ground mobility, Mina is capable of making the floor wet and slippery with acid for her to skate on. Mina wears special, acid-proof footwear with holes on their soles, making it easier for her to secrete acid from her feet whenever she needs to.
Mina is said to have difficulties in facing human adversaries due to not yet having full mastery over her Quirk's dangerous corrosive properties, so she's more comfortable battling inorganic foes. Mistakes may cause Mina to dissolve her own clothes accidentally. Because of that, her costume is built to be largely acid-resistant.
Named Super Moves
- Like several other Quirks, Acid has its own signature sound effect: "SHZZ".
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 58 and Episode 33.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 60 and Episode 34.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 104 and Episode 54.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 214 and Episode 99.
- My Hero Academia Manga and Anime: Chapter 256 and Episode 113.
- Acid: Wikipedia article on the substance Mina creates.
- Solubility: Wikipedia article on one of the Quirk's properties Mina can manipulate.
- Viscosity: Wikipedia article on one of the Quirk's properties Mina can manipulate.
- Corrosion: Wikipedia article about the main effect of Mina's Quirk.